CLYW Yeti 2! (TOPICS MERGED)

Yeah it kind of does. We sell out of products all the time, then we get restocks. Sold out just means not available, out of stock, all available supply has been sold.

CLYW set aside a certain amount of yo-yos for pre-order, which they felt they could successfully deliver to the customers who chose to order them, while still leaving enough to ship out to retailers. Those yo-yos available for pre-order have been sold - They are sold out.

Think of it like an iPhone or video game release. A limited amount of people can pre-order and be the first to get the product, but that exact same product is still available to customers when it officially releases.

3 Likes

We put up 60 of each color Yeti as a special pre-order for fans who wanted the chance to get theirs before they hit retail. That total of 240 return tops sold out rather quickly. Since so many people seem to enjoy commenting “first” when we post things, we thought actually giving them a chance at first on the new Yeti would be fun. :slight_smile:

This was only 240 pieces out of the much larger production run. Same colors. Production run will be solicited to retailers at the same time that pre-orders are shipping to fans. So the Yeti should hit stores about 2 weeks after the pre-orders arrive in your mailbox.

Steve I understand better now. Doing a pre-sale creates hype for the return top, that in turn earns CLYW more money, as it should. Your company has an excellent reputation in this industry. That in itself creates demand through customers and retailers. If I had unlimited funds my collection would include one of each throw top from CLYW.

Off topic. I am a bit older than you. I remember when Myself and my ex wife met you back in the late 90’s. You were as nice and patient with a new person as could be. I started from there. Found out I didn’t have the patients to practice. thank you man. I just watched a video of you knocking a quarter off some guys ear. I have seen the “drunken master” if that’s what you call it. From a hobby person thank you.

1 Like

I think I’ll be getting one when it is released! Can’t wait… Thinking of either a white or a blue one :grin: