CLYW Puffin or Summit

Deciding to get either a Puffin or a Summit based on Many things. Just want a fun yoyo. I was originally going to go with the Puffin because i knew i would like it. But now im looking at The summit. Is the Puffin worth it over the Summit? The summit is a lot cheaper and i know a lot of people havent used one but if there is anyone who has used a summit could i have your opinion. Is the Puffin comfortable in the hand? and is it as fun as people say it is or is it just a great competition yoyo? Also this next question is for people of have owned both. If you were to get a second of one of these yoyos, which would it be? Just looking for opinons
Big thanks to anyone who can help.

-Nick

Bvm2
Marmot
H5xChief
Cliff.
Glacier express
These seem most fun to me!

Avalanche is one I’m always going back to if not chief. Glacier Express is really nice as well, similar to the Cliff, but a little more comfy in hand from a slightly smaller shape and smoother edges in my opinion.

Depending on your preferences, any CLYW is a winner, including the Chief, but you already have one so you know how amazing those are.

I find myself reaching for my Gnarwal a lot. Small, fun, just the right amount for me. This is probably my favorite CLYW. I’ve got nearly all their models, so I have the chance to really develop preferences. But seriously, any of their yoyos are great

The Cliff might be one to consider. Kinda big, floaty. This is a great casual and fun throw. If you’re looking for just plain fun and CLYW, I gotta say the Cliff would be where I would point you in the direction of. The Puffin seems very competition oriented. The AC is meant for competition, as is the Chief. The BVMR2 is also a competition performer. The Ava can take you anywhere from stage to throwing for fun and whatever else you want. I don’t know where the Gnarwal fits in. I can see it being a serious competition yoyo though.

I’ve got to say that from a pure ‘fun’ point of view then I don’t think you should look any further than the Canvas. It’s a bit of a polarizing throw, and it isn’t considered their best player but it’s the throw I pick up the most because it just makes me smile.

I though the BVM2 felt more fun than it felt competition.
its totally perfect for comps Ofc
its like. Super Fun. Super chill
But has the power to be very comp and very versatile for sure.
Ditto cliff!

My favorite “fun” throws from clyw would have to be the Wooly marmot, canvas, and puffin.

Puffin! Something about it just stands out for me. Super fun throw!!

HOW did I forget Puffin and Canvas?!

Puffin and Chief FTW!

Update on question.

I like the Puffin but I love the Avalanche in either version. Puffin is safe as the BST is more even on value used and new unlike the Avalanche which takes a hit (depending on colorway it seems). I would buy three Avalanches over a second Puffin, if that clears things up.

For pure fun
Puffin
For more comp
Ava

Both. Get both. They’re both super fun.

Though I’d get an ‘OG’ Avalanche first. IMO they play better than CBs.

I just LOVE them both!!! The Avalanche is close with the Chief as my all time fav CLYW… It is such a good all around throw… The Puffin as well is a blast to play!!! I would say that the Avalanche out plays the Puffin (stability, spintime) but you want fun… Either one will do.

Update

Both play similar.
The summit is a touch faster
And a bit more comp based
More stable I’d say
The puffin is more fun. Fun fun
And better for grinds and the like.

Summit plays heavier than puffin! Id say the puffin is more fun and floaty overall.

Other fun throws: avalanche, cliff, chief, glacier, and gnarwhall

Just putting this out there, I love that you are updating this thread, not making a new one. Keeps everything a lot less cluttered. Kudos to you.

I would pick Summit if you are not as experienced, becuase it is more geared to competition, and therefore a lot stabler.

The pufffin is more “fun” but it is rather annoying if you are not an experienced yoyoer, as it does not perform as well as a lot of other Yoyos.