CLYW Peak 2nd Run YoYo. NM Condition

For sale from SPYY’s private collection. On eBay: CLYW Peak 2nd Run YoYo. New and Perfect Condition  | eBay

13 Likes

Obviously quite the yoyo for sale here (and by quite the legend) but there’s a pretty visible ding in the third photo (on the right side towards the rim) - calling it “new and perfect condition” isn’t quite accurate/would be considered false advertising.

13 Likes

Good eye! Yes, there’s actually a tiny-tiny little mark there. I never noticed it and have never played with the yoyo. It’s possible that it happened in storage or even before Chris gave it to me. I’ll amend the listing - thanks.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth I don’t think that mark changes the value at all. The provenance of this yoyo coming from caribou Chris to another respected maker makes it exceed its normal value from a collectible standpoint. That’s my two cents anyway.

12 Likes

100% agreed :+1:, still has six days and its already well over $300. Whats everyone’s over/ under for hitting $500?

@SCUBA_Steve do you have a Peak box as well? Either way it has the story behind it, and the flowable response looks fresh.

3 Likes

I’d have to dig deep, but don’t think I have the packaging.

2 Likes

I bet it goes for 800$+

3 Likes

Good news (from a collectible value standpoint) for fellow Peak owners, bad news for prospective Peak buyers.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t want Peak prices to get so crazy again in case I want to pick up another one day :sweat_smile:

That said, this is a special one considering its provenance and that it is not a normal Sebastian Brock Peak, which were half/half, I believe. So… not indicative of typical prices maybe.

2 Likes

This looks like a Lava Peak, which makes it 1/15 according to the Complete history of clyw peak thread.

5 Likes

I’d be pretty upset though if I paid $500-$1000 for a yoyo that was described as “new and perfect” and found the ding after I received it.

If someone is selling a yoyo for that much, they should probably put that thing under a microscope and describe it exactly as it is.

2 Likes

If you check the eBay listing I revised the description and added a photo of the ding. EBay won’t allow me to alter the title of the auction.

1 Like

Since there are bids already, you’d need to cancel the auction and relist with the edited title.

I don’t think it would matter or not if he did relist. Its going to sell for the same price. I’m going over 800

850 875 hahah

4 Likes

There have been bids since the revisions to the listing, so I don’t think it’s an issue.

4 Likes

Packaging has been located!

14 Likes

Sold!

2 Likes

God damn that was pricey :smiley: Now i need to get a Peak box too :smiley:

For the record it went for it went for C $880.00 (approximately US $708.45) plus Shipping: C $20.77 (approximately $16.72) for a total of $725.17 USD.

6 Likes

Would’ve made it over 800$ without the one ding!

4 Likes