Yoyo Appraisal Thread

Thanks, guys. You paid 250 for a v1 or 2? Was it mint? Mine has some rim damage. On the blue side some of the anodize scuffed off but you can’t physically feel scrapes. And on the other half I let a friend play with it and he hit it… other then that it’s fine. I’m just trying to figure out what I should ask for it. I could post pics of damage

Also, after posting this thread I put a string on the v1 after years of it never being thrown. Even though the silicone is messed up and it causes some friction, I still appreciate how nice of a throw it is and don’t know if I want to part ways with it

3 Likes

He was responding to another person about the cold fusion

1 Like

You could always search by keyword in this particular thread.

EDIT: Ok maybe not this particular thread, you’d have to search in General. It’d be nice if there was an option to filter searches by thread. I suppose you could always Ctrl + F but I don’t think that works for unloaded portions of the thread; you’d have to scroll all the way to the top first.

EDIT: Or you could bookmark/favorite this thread then search for a specific yoyo in threads you bookmarked.

2 Likes

Assuming I’m understanding your intention, there is.

It is the default behavior if you start a search inside a thread using the keyboard shortcut (e.g. ⌘+F). You’ll see an ‘IN THIS TOPIC’ filter automatically applied.

If you search by clicking on the search icon (again from inside a thread) then you just have to make sure you click on the ‘in this topic’ option rather than just hitting enter.

Of course, none of this solves the real problem of some people in this thread throwing out appraisal values that are wildly inaccurate guesses based on nothing more than what they would be willing to pay.

2 Likes

Hey that’s a lot easier than using search filters haha. I didn’t even know that was a feature.

1 Like

For the appraisal record; the 1 of 12 Lava Peak went for C $880.00 (approximately US $708.45) plus Shipping: C $20.77 (approximately $16.72) for a total of $725.17 USD on 11/2/2021

15 Likes

Any idea what Buzzon Element Xs go for? I’ve had these three sitting in my case for a while.

7 Likes

$35 is about right @OhDavidBowie

2 Likes

Each or total?

1 Like

in my opinion this evaluation is totally distorted by the notoriety of its seller and therefore it is not at all reliable or to be taken into consideration.
If it had been linked for sale by other people, this one like the yoyos it is selling, it would never have reached similar prices (the Styker, yoyo in its time of little interest and success, is another clear other proof of this).

4 Likes

Each for $35

4 Likes

Cool, that’s not bad at all. Thank you

3 Likes

So you think the person who purchased that Lava Peak overpaid? Couple of years prior a Hulk Smash Peak went for $650.

Now on the BST market I don’t feel that Peaks can get those numbers due to the buyer pool. That’s why I always recommend auction if you want to get maximum market value.

5 Likes

I am convinced that he paid too much for it and that that is an absolutely unrepresentative price.
The fact that the seller, known and esteemed producer who declares that these objects belong to his personal collection, in my opinion has a great weight in the imagination of potential buyers who evidently see some sort of added value in this (not for me) and in fact, I said, I challenge any of you to sell a Stryker and see if anyone is willing to give you around $ 300 (including taxes and shipping) to get it.
Now, of course, we are talking about objects (Peak) that are hardly seen for sale and that have an aura of notable myth, both for their colors and limited editions of them, which at the time were undoubtedly unique and a distinctive sign from the which then all the rest of the world took over (in a nutshell, they made history). This translates into the simple rule that reference prices cannot exist and derive from the rare historical moments in which the offer (of people who can and want without major problems) comes to meet the request… but every situation is not very representative. and it cannot be, in my view, considered as a fixed point to refer to for the future.
For example, in light of this sale, the question I ask myself is, how much is my Grizzly Bear Clown Town worth then?!?! I know for sure, and I can even declare it, $ 0! and I think you can also understand why, but then this is also a value to refer to for future transactions? (take the ironic and provocative tone, I hope)
so, how to do it … search for trades that have taken place over the years and make an average … then decide to your own conscience how far you want to go …

5 Likes

i asked the question to a group of friends - will the recent sale of steve’s personal spyy collection, and the peak he had up, have an impact on overall spyy and peak prices

a commentor noted that spyy prices have been higher than normal recently regardless, to which i agree with. pures, pistos and ranchos are prime examples.

it was also noted that peak prices are high lately, which - you can’t get them on the bst, but anything over $400-$500 on a 2nd run peak should be clean and at least part of a limited run.

keep in mind, the ebay factor plays a huge favtor on final price, what the seller recoups, and how that price compares on the bst. a seller can pay out up to 20% on a sale through ebay. bst prices you can frequently come out better than ebay, but you’re also playing with a buyer pool that’s more finicky. on ebay you have a wider net - sometimes - but you’ll have folks that won’t bid solely because it’s an ebay sale.

i’d wager that peak would have sold about $600 on the bst, maybe a bit more. but there’s a lot of second runs that shouldn’t touch that

9 Likes

I am looking for help on pricing the following yoyos:

• RSO Mini Bowl in stainless steel D bearing, mint condition with the packaging.
  • Northern Spin Company, Quantum, mint with the box.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Not exactly a dollar value, but I traded a Stainless Bowl Mini D-bearing + a clear anodized G2 Valhalla for a YWETi SE Mk I back at the beginning of June, if that helps.

5 Likes

Wanting to sell my Smashing Float in black, with all accessories in box. I’ve been outta the game for a bit now. What are these going for these days?

2 Likes

I’ve seen some sell recently for around $50.

3 Likes

I made these with the intention of trading. What do you think the trade value of these should be?

I will post a bst for these once I figure out fair trade prices

9 Likes