Tell Me About The: CLYW Peak

Just a small thing I want to start up called “Tell Me About The”. I basically ask about some history about a throw and then you guys tell me about it. It can be used as a source for helping others in the future.

Just wondering, what makes the Peak special. I know it is CLYW’s first throw and is limited in the amounts produces but that aside is there anything else? Also how much are they worth? I may get one just for collection purposes. :slight_smile:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,67261.0.html

Everythang.

1 Like

besides it being CLYW’s first model and it having some very groundbreaking annodization and art done on it there isn’t much special about it.

a peak will usually sell for around $200 to $500 depending on the damage.

The peak history thread says it all.

Price wise:

1st Run Painted: $500-$1500 depending on condition
1st Run 28 Stories: $300-$600 depending on condition

2nd Run, assumed to be mint: $200-$500 depending on colorway. The 19 painted ones from the second run $500+

3rd Run, assumed to be mint: $200-$300 depending on colorway

Some of the early Peaks and bvms were the first ever yoyos to be splash anodized. Besides that, they’re just cool in too many ways to describe.

I love my hulk smash peak ;D

Btw mrciurleo, how much would my hulk peak be worth? It’s almost completely mint with the exception of 3 tiny pinpricks.

To me, the Peak is an iconic piece of yoyo history first and foremost. It was one of, if not the most desired/sought after yoyos of its time, and created a great sense of wonder about a tiny Canadian yoyo company that most didn’t know existed, including myself. I don’t believe there was anything quite like it at the time, and it has become one of the most collectible throws to own. While it may not have been the best playing yoyo of its time, it was (and remains) a coveted and very special yoyo to a degree that has yet to be rivaled in my opinion. I love my Peak and it took me many, many years of searching/waiting to finally get one.