CLYW Comeback Avalanche VS OG Avalanche

lol, i see most people WHO REALLY OWN THE 2 versions prefer the OG

glad i made this topic, still, for people who don’t have a choice, don’t be too disapointed to get the comeback…it’s still a blast to play with…but if i could i’d still trade it for an OG hahaha

^___^ as i said, 2 great throws

I love being the lone odd ball. ;D

I think the reason I like the Comeback Avalanche more is because when I played the OG Avalanche I had just done reviews of the Sasquatch and Gnarwhal. All three are based on a common design and while distinct they have a similar feel to them that comes from sharing that common bond.

The Comeback Avalanche changed it up even more giving the Ava a fresh and almost wholly unique feel differentiating itself from its elder siblings.

Bigoted lol.

No, no, no. You just didn’t comprehend what I said. I actually like CLYW, Japanese throws, American throws, all of it. I actually haven’t found too many yoyo’s that I don’t like. Lol… you’re hilarious.

It’s okay though iYoYo, you don’t seem to understand a lot of things, then when things are steered into the right direction for you, or when you’re confronted, you’re nowhere to be heard from.

Here let me break it down, again, so maybe you can understand. Please note; it’s unrealistic for this to ever happen, and is highly improbable for any company to let competitors sell their designs… I’m just bringing up a hypothetical situation, which is supposed to undermine this “OG is better” thing.

I’m saying, under certain conditions which I laid out for you, the Comeback Ava could be “over” on the OG, in many people’s minds. It’s the same crap they do in Advertising and Marketing. “How can we sell this product to more people” or “How can we make this product more popular than that product”… Sure, they don’t go so extreme with yoyo’s, nor do people consider letting their competitors sell their products. But, what you might not understand is, people sit in board rooms every single day and discuss hypothetical scenarios for how a company could maximize sales and make their products highly desirable.

Change some things around, like I said, in a hypothetical world, CLYW could give the exact CAD design to YYR, have them manufacture and sell the Comeback Ava… and it would instantly become much better than the OG in many people’s minds.

If you disagree, that is completely fine. But I’m not gonna call you a bigot if you disagree
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

1 Like

Your passive-aggressive style reminds me of another OneDrop fanboy. He too likes to engage in verbal bullying of yoyo forum members.

Your condescension is out of line. If you have a point to make, then make it. Personal attacks are not necessary and reflect poorly on those who use them. Adults, beating up on young kids is its own kind of hubris.

… And actually, you DID insult YYR; for the second time.

“I bet if yyr sold rebranded comebacks (would never happen i know) then people cough would then say the comeback is better than OG. Of course it would have to cost upwards of $200 to inject hubris into the buyer.”

Your attempt to imply that any regard for YYR is based on price and;or hubris is just silly and is bigoted towards YYR. You are assuming that the perception of all YYR are based on price “hubris” which I will assume is code for snob-appeal.

If you wanted to make the innocent point, then why the crack about price and “hubris”?

YYR are like $150 too.

Well if that isn’t the troll calling the kettle black. Last I checked, the only one who thinks they are getting bullied is the one who is constantly getting verbally put in his place for his way off base remarks… especially his anti-American manufacturing rants.

[quote=“YoyoGeezer,post:24,topic:53559”]
Bigoted is quite a harsh term to throw around here guys. While I didn’t agree with him totally he was making a point that is valid and can to extent be said for CLYW as well. People hold these brands in a different category BECAUSE of their price. If they cost as much as a Duncan they would loose some of their luster. They are like a Ferrari or a Pagani in the fact that they have a higher cost of entry into the exclusive “club” yet they are going to be no better than a Honda in everyday city traffic.

I think I’m going to do a special video review for geez. I’ll test the durability of a rare mint discontinued yyr by blending it.

give ya justification to call people bigots, bullies, trolls, passive aggressive etc… cuz i mean if you wanna call people stuff i can surely be the one to give you reason

what the hell… I don’t even know how to respond to this. What you wrote had zero content. It was just paragraphs after paragraphs of incoherent nonsense

You obviously blurted out stupid crap and then you break it down as if it were some kind of intelligent, insightful post that will enlighten everyone in this thread, plus you had the decency to put the “hypothetical” BS stamp on it. I’m not sure how you don’t see how ignorant you’re post is, would you like me to put it out in “hypothetical” terms?

Lets say there’s this CLYW review, right? Then out of nowhere this kid comes in and said YYR has so much hype, that they can hype up a worse product so people will say it’s better than their obviously better product. YYR is just hype, people who buys it are ignorant enough to pay $200+ for it.

Wait a minute…

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know General-Yo made a collaboration with CLYW and Japanese companies. Did this happen during the 2 year period I was gone?

You’re clearly a fanboy.

No offense to General-Yo, you have great throws. My majesty will forever be in my collection and the M10 I tried was amazing. And Ernie is just downright awesome.

I apologize if “I’m nowhere to be heard from blah blah blah”, whatever. Back in YYN, we have a ,“Show reply to your posts”, button. It’s hard to keep up with whatever I post without that button. But look, Im here now and the floor is all yours.

Is this the presentation you wanted to show me?

P.S.
You picked the wrong person to make an enemy of.

Enemies lol. I picked an enemy because i implied something involving rebranding. Something yyf has done a few times and it was simply perceived as a business strategy. you act like it’s bigotry and fanboy-ism

You’re misinterpreting what I’m saying. AND going off on huge tangents trying to bring me down for whatever reason. Its ok though. If you don’t understand, there’s no reason to start a grudge, it’s not that serious man. I can understand if you don’t like me, so be it, but you don’t need to argue everything, you have said things that have mostly deviated from my point, and haven’t really at all showed any comprehension of it but you’ve displayed great skills of trying to tear people down. I’m not going to break it down any further in this thread.

What are you trying to say? i actually have a point i was trying to make. You just run around calling people bigots and fanboys.

P.s. There is a “show new replies” button… It’s right there at the top.

P.p.s. The blending post was to show you an example of something that would give justification to your nonsensical name calling

Citations or documentations please.

“going off on huge tangents trying to bring me down”, was it not you that started doing this? Or did you not notice because you’ve always had this condescending attitude? This is how you “picked an enemy”, not because of your troll-like opinions about rebranding.

Not like you, I was contributing my experiences with the OG and New Avalanche. Calling out the obvious truth you’ve shown in you’re post was just a little extra.

It’s too bad that I didn’t notice that till now but hey, like I said, I’m here now. Its time for you to show everybody that iYoYo doesn’t seem to understand a lot of things and when things are steered into his direction, he bails! ha!

and here I thought u said I was the hilarious clown.

Here’s some words of light for you. I think you will learn a lot from it.

“Think like a man of action. Act like a man of thought.”

– Henri Louis Bergson

Citations and documentation? lol hands up okay okay officer let me prove myself to you, here ya go

Here’s two off the top of my little head

Avant Garde - Sure they helped design, but it was still a rebranding
Super Wide

Also, the “picked an enemy” thing was based off you saying “P.s. you picked the wrong person to make enemy of” or something like that ::slight_smile:

SuperWide : http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=6741

Avante garde: I left when this yoyo was release but I looked it up and the original was nowhere similar to the rebranded version.

You’re point refers to: rebrands with so much similarity( OG vs New Ava)

Yo-Yo’s you posted don’t have minuscule difference compared to their original products

Either way, you’re just too dense. None of my posts will ever get through you because you’ll always believe you’re right.

1 Like

Iyoyo, lol, ok, in relation to what i had said in this thread, do you have anything to say? Or are you going to keep using ad hominem style insults?

If you want to debate what i said in the thread, cool lets do that

But I’d you’re going to make personal attacks, either shut up or pm me your garbage.

And about the ag1. There are a couple things you’re missing, yyf indeed was consulted on the design, but it was not their design to sell. Yet they rebranded it after some tweaks, this upset the original company. Regardless if they changed it completely, they rebranded it. It’s common knowledge, now you know.

Quote from yoyoskills

Cough. That’s from your source.

Anyway, I’m about done here. You don’t understand my original point cuz now you want proof of rebranding. It has nothing to do with this proof. My point was very unrealistic from ever happening yet very very simple. If you disagree then say you disagree. no need to wander even further from the path and I’ve already apologize for derailing.

How about, like an adult, you give one last closing statement about my original post in this thread. Ignore yyf, ignore my density. Ignore my “bigotry”. Ignore my enjoyment for a certain brand. Now that you’re ignoring everything you focus on, please makE a statement about my original post. Then we can move on with life like we already should have.

My point about rebranding is completely clear. Idk how you got so upset about my opinion.

1 Like

Lol, how are you supposed to debate with me when you don’t even read what I post, nor do you even read what you post, for that matter. The reason I quote everything is because you don’t bother reading it.

PLEASE READ because all you’re sarcastic queries have been answered long before your post but you don’t seem to see any of them.

MY ANSWER

Let me repeat, You’re point refers to: rebrands with so much similarity( OG vs New Ava). Right away, this nullifies pretty much every “debate material” you’ve said in your recent post.

Ok, you want me to stop, right?

but then:
a)You sarcastically insult my knowledge because you failed to read what I said previously. I already left the yoyo community before it was released.

b) You imply that my actions are childish

It’s really hard to take you seriously. In the same post, you tell me to stop with the personal attacks then you do it to me. You insult me, I retaliate, then you act like the poor victim while attacking me again? I believe YoYoGeezer called it “passive-aggressive style”.

Ad hominem style? How bout you’re passive-aggressive style garbage? Geez.

Wrong, the Superwide is essentially a Miracle, I believe in a different alloy and still made by Aoda.

The Avant Garde I design was indeed practically stolen from Auldey.

The JK was simply a re-branded Dancing Pearl in a different shade of blue.

Also, remember the placebo effect.

SuperWide Specs:
WIDTH – (2 3/8) inches = 60.3 mm
DIAMETER – (2 1/16) inches = 52.3 mm
Weight – 72.3 Grams
Aoda Miracle:
WIDTH –  56.6 mm
DIAMETER – 52.9 mm
Weight – 67.9 Grams

Original Avant Guarde:
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php?topic=99483.0

The Superwide was still made by Aoda.  Also, that picture proves that YYF stole the design.

Interesting use of typical teenage tactics to get others involved in their fight.

Try following your own advice.

Only in the last few months have prices dropped that low.

You didn’t read what I said. I’m well-aware that it’s a rebranding. SkyHighYo’s rebranding is referring to a re-name type of rebrand( JK for example) not a re-designed rebrand(Superwide vs Aoda Miracle, Avant Garde vs Audley L4).

Reading it. Been reading your responses.

Already addressed this. You just don’t want to accept the facts of things that happened while you were gone. This is probably the closest on point your whole post will be. Too bad it’s already been addressed.

Have no idea how the two are related, but if it nullifies my “debate material”, so be it. Has nothing to do with my original point in this thread.

It is common knowledge. Sorry if that offends you. Has nothing to do with my original point anyway.

I was trying to get you to ignore all the irrelevant stuff (calling people bigots, fanboys, etc) and focus on the point I was trying to bring up. Which I’ve stated multiple times we’ve gotten so far off of. Also, irrelevant of my main point.

LOL! Personal attacks. Hard to take you seriously when you dance around the topic in means of trying to destroy my charater lol. Sorry I brought up the rebranding thing, if you disagree, then just say you disagree that’s not going to offend me in the slightest.

THIS IS THE FIRST THING YOU REPLIED TO ME IN THIS THREAD:

Sorry for attacking you first ::slight_smile: Never seen anyone blatently attack someone, then 2 pages later, act Victim because I “insulted your knowledge” of things that happened while you were gone. Sigh… Irrelevant to the main point.

Lol, keep up the off topic stuff :slight_smile:

Ok, im going to butt in being to nosy person i am. Go ahead, call me DR. Phil.

iyoyo:
You really have to stop getting so defensive. For god sakes, youre basically impling that Skyhighyoyo’s opinion is “wrong”. That isnt even possible. He was making an analogy of sorts, and since when were people not allowed to be hypothetical?

So basically, calm down and respect other peoples opinion. Instead of going in like you are always right, maybe you should look at your actions and realize your sheer rudeness, and respect others point of view. Calling someone a bigoted fanboy isnt a great way to make aquantances here. And i cant belive you are trying to intimidate skyhighyoyo!? You honestly sound like a stereotypical luch time bully. Assuming your an adult, stop acting like one. Stop acting so surperior to everyone, you have no right to talk to people that way, and frankly, i dont think anyone wouldbe intimidated by some random guy on a yoyo forum.