clyw chief

I think we only had three pieces of Fools Gold from this run. And I just called dibs on one of them.

Next Fools Gold release won’t be for at least a few months.

I don’t care what number run they are! THEY LOOK SO DANG AWESOME!

1 Like

We’ve gotten a really positive response to the new colors so far. People seem to like them. I panicked for a minute when I read the comment about Hi, André being “hideous” but then I saw it was from NathanC and I stopped worrying about it. He’s an angry lil’ panda.

11 Likes

Yeah, that Hi André colorway is waiting to join the family. And, brilliant of them to call it “Hi André,” so the other retailers can sell YoyoExpert Editions too. Besides, if you can’t beat 'em, join 'em. :smiley: They will be at Burger King ordering a Big Mac.

But seriously, I’ve been waiting for this color Chief for awhile. 8) I’m waiting for mine in the mail.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/293/19290185389_a5fe483f0a_z.jpgYoyoExpert by Total Artist, on Flickr

Did you make “Hi, André” and “Dirty Sunset” look exactly like TA’s special colorway and “Golden Galaxy” on purpose?

I personally don’t really like any except for brussel sprouts. They don’t really have that classic Caribou vibe that made me fall in love with the brand image Charles crafted in stuff like the Jasper Five. I won’t call them hideous, but I won’t buy them. They kinda have a yyf feel (no hate on yyf, but I think this style of ano suits their brand image better).

Well, you might remember that people were asking YoyoFactory to step it up in the colorway department a few years ago. Boy, did they deliver for you on that one. As a result, the colorways have been so great, that I’m not even surprised to see some influence in this CLYW run. For me, that’s a positive thing, so they appeal to me a lot more. You know how I am about my YoyoFactory throws. It’s nice to see CLYW outside the box, trying a different look. The TotalArtist x YoyoExpert TooH.O.T.s met the Chief, welcomed it, and made a hole in the case. All it needed was some little anodized sideburns to be more perfect. I’ll be in here with half a million more photos of “Hi André” Chief. I have been asking for this one for awhile now. ;D

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/271/19440149670_aaf786cd13_z.jpgChiefTooHOTs1 by Total Artist, on Flickr

That guy is not associated with us

1 Like

I love all the colors except for Happy Dragon. Am I the only one who thinks it’s ugly?

^ If there was no “Hi André” Chief, that’s the one I would have bought. It’s one of those yo-yos you want to buy just to take a photo of it. :smiley: I think it would look cool spinning too. The bright colors make it a good photo subject. I’d put them in this order:

1. Hi André
  2. Happy Dragon
  3. You’ve got red…
  4. Dirty Sunset
  5. Brussel’s Sprouts

They’re all nice colors to me, and I think liking them or not may depend on the specific splash you get too. Mine is gorgeous, just love it! Is the finish slightly different on this run of Chiefs? It seems to be a bit different.

Yes this post is different from topic but. From the time I’ve seen the aray of color ways from G Squared I’ve not been liking any colour ways from Clyw.

I loved Clyw colorways but not that much now.

Here check these G Squared. Color Ways.
http://m.imgur.com/a/H3h7z

Edit. It’s also about the design the Clyw colorways are all splash kind of design. But G Squared have Web swirl sponge my favorite. And many others.

G squared and MFD probably have the top 2 ano designs in the game right now, but the new clyw ones are still really cool imo.

1 Like

Hi Andre Chief is stopping by for a closeup.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/19644644545_572dcf8e22_z.jpgChiefHiAndreB4 by Total Artist, on Flickr

1 Like

the G2 swirls are definitely my all around favorite color ways. I do get bummed when a new color way just goes kinda muddy when it spins. I like Colors like Brussels and red on you cause when you play it actually looks green or red.

I think YYF, G2, CLYW, and 2sick are bringing the heat when it comes to ano. I’m not going to deride one or the other over this or that. I’m simply going to appreciate the hard work they do to create amazing looking colorways.

/thread

I agree GoCrazy’, we all have our favorites. When Hi André spins, it kinda looks like bubblegum. :smiley:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/389/19005873104_9f77e19594_z.jpgAndreChiefspin3 by Total Artist, on Flickr

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/337/19632868581_0cf7192d13_z.jpgAndreChiefspin5 by Total Artist, on Flickr

Me like.

Come now Crazy, even you must have a favorite color way for whatever reason. I bet it’s an ART ;D. I do think yours are quite good. Pretty awesome that we consumers have so many good ones to pick from.

My point exactly. I won’t complain if a companies ano is different from another’s. I like the variety. G2 and CLYW having different looks is good. If everyone just did swirl anodization wouldn’t eventually grow stale?

Isn’t that why CLYW started splashing return tops to begin with? To achieve a fresh look? To be different?

Diversity is in the best interest of our hobby. Fades, swirls, acid wash, and other multicolor anodizing effects all are beautiful on a throw.

Like I said before, I simply appreciate the hard work companies do in crafting these colorways. I guess it’s because I’ve had to do it. It took me 2 months+ before I was done tinkering with color/effect combinations. It’s is harder than some would think.

1 Like

Yes the variety is great. That is why I don’t just like one company I like them all for different reasons

1 Like

Haha no way! For me I’d have every yoyo in my collection a hot pink/purple swirl. Like G2 berriesn’cream swirl. That’s just my favorite so wouldn’t be stale to me! I like most every ano cause I like most every yoyo. The same way I like almost every kind of pizza - If I had to eat one kind of pizza the rest of my life though - Hawaiian. ;D. Besides I’m not complaining neither!

I still think deep down you have a favorite ;). Also, I dig the new CLYW Cheif colors, in case that was somehow getting lost via text.