CLYW Chief or RecRev Sine/Saw

So forget about what I wrote earlier I picked up my sine//saw today and it’s amazing I say better than the chief now

It’s a yoyo. Yoyo’s are expensive. The Chief is better. Worth it if money is not an issue.

QTY: ITEM: SKU: PRICE:
1 CLYW Axle (Long Axle) CLYW_AXLE-1 3.00 1 CLYW Axle (Short Axle) CLYW_AXLE-2 3.00
1 CLYW Chief (Broken Twill (Light Blue/Dark Blue Acid Wash W/ Blue SPECKLE))CLYW_CHIEF-72 155.00 1 CLYW 'Snow Tires' Silicone Response (White (Standard))CLYW_TIRES-1 4.00
1 Twisted Stringz - Gray Matter (Pink / Blue / Gray)TWIST_GRAYMAT-4$ 7.99
1 Yo-Yo String Lab AMMO - 10 Pack (Ann Connolly Island Escape (Light Green, Light Blue))YYSL_AMMO-13 6.90 1 YYJ Classic (Green BODY / Orange CAP) YYJ_CLASSIC-12 9.68
1 YYJ Classic (Purple BODY / White CAP) YYJ_CLASSIC-51 9.68 1 FOUR FREE | YoYoExpert Trading Card Packs FREE GIFT 0.00

Net Invoice:        $199.25
                                                 Shipping:        $5.70
                                            INVOICE TOTAL:        $204.95 

So yeah… Ended up breaking down and getting the Chief. I just really like CLYW’s.

Good choice. I like the Chief a million times better than the sine // saw even though I love RecRev alot.

Another one falls to the hype machine.

I don’t see a problem here. If a yoyo is good and someone wants it, who’s to tell them not to buy it?

XD I was just kidding.
But companies like RecRev really do deserve more support.

Rec Rev needs more support, I actually was inspired by his post on supporting the brand, but when I saw he had cracked and bought the Chief, I literally laughed out loud. There goes a perfectly good competition set.

I know, I suck >< The thinking was that the 65$ won’t be as hard to come by as the 155$ i had already saved up (and i really , obviously ,wanted the Chief). I still stand by the statement to support companies like RecRev and will be purchasing a Sine//Saw before the end of the summer. Sorry for the disappointment but glad I could be a small source of humor with my constant flip flopping. :slight_smile:

This. lol at buying a Chief for $155. Should have at least gotten one off the B/S/T if you wanted one. By far the most overrated mediocre-playing yoyo i’ve ever owned.

I realized that I may never use the BST on this site or any other as I truly don’t trust people. I enjoy buying things from businesses and the added security and peace of mind that comes with it. I don’t feel like my Gnarwhal or Cliff were overpriced at full price so you may be talking to the wrong person about this.

With that logic, I would do the same thing you did. If you don’t want to BST it will be easier to just pick up a sine//saw later.

1 Like

You already made the purchase, so you might as well feel good about it.

Oh i definitely do and am super excited about the fact that my friend called me and let me know that it came in today. Got it sent to his house because of the required signature and the fact that I would be at work when it came in and am not dealing with the post office. So just in case anyone cares I will post my first impressions and any feelings of buyers remorse if any should arise. But for now I feel like “Sine//Saw who??” I just want to throw my CHIEF!!!

I am also pretty excited about the classics. Have response and bearing ready to go for it and hope it to be my main throw in hostile situations. (hostile to metal beautifully anodized yoyo’s that is) And again I will say it, Thank you everyone.

That reminds me, I forgot to try any of Chris’s RecRev at YoLexTravaganza. I really wanted to try that Paisley.

I almost forgot I did say i would leave a post about how I felt about getting the Chief over Sine//Saw and what not. I couldn’t be happier with my decision. I love the Chief. It is ridiculously smooth, not a hint of vibe. I honestly didn’t know exactly what a perfectly smooth yoyo was until this. I can feel small amounts of vibe in everything else compared to this EXCEPT The Summit. That’s right before I even opened the box for the Chief I ordered a Summit and now I have to say it is my FAVORITE!!! Both are amazing throws but The Summit … i think it is the fact that the axle system is basically, from what I can understand of it, using the o rings (rubber washers) on the side effects as shock absorbers (seems that isn’t a word but I don’t know what other word to use)I could be totally wrong about the engineering of it but it sounds nice). I want to get another OneDrop and see if it is the same , I think a Yelets.

But hey what is up with NO ONE saying anything about the fact that “everyone” is having issues with the Stax?? Kinda something I think I would have wanted to know , no?

I love my Stax. They work perfectly. In my experience, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I don’t know where you got this “fact”.

My bad apparently it was not the Stax that was the issue but this is from “YoyoExpert” in response to a thread created about someone having issues with the Stax -
"The bearing seats on the Sine/Saw are tight we have noticed. It doesn’t actually have anything to do with the STAX - as it is the bearing hitting the bearing seat that is tight and not the axle…

If you have other bearings to try you might find one bearing will fit in better then another too as bearings will vary a ton, etc.

On the STAX as an axle system - these really should not be compared to Side Effects. The idea with STAX is that you can replace the axle if need be (when a yo-yo strips, etc). But as it is difficult to physically get them in and out we generally only recommend replacing the STAX when it is necessary. If you want to change out axles and change weights Side Effects are definitely the way to go."

Another person posted that they heard that people were having issues with it. I incorrectly assumed it was everyone. Sorry for accusing anyone of misleading me. But glad I got the Chief.

No problem dude. Yeah Stax aren’t comparable to SE’s. They’re not made for aesthetics or customization, they’re built to get the job done (which is what they do).

And I’m glad you like your Chief! Don’t get me wrong I adore my Chief. It is a fantastic throw (but overpriced compared to RecRevs IMHO).

Wait, you can take out the Stax and put SE in?