CLYW BEAR Vs. MAN: ROUND 2 - CLYW Definitive Comparisons Vol2.

Anyone remember this: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,45158 ?

It’s been a while, but I’m slowly getting around to more and more comparison shots.

I’ll eventually update the previous post to include newer models, but for now, let’s talk about the Bear Vs. Man - Round 2!

First, let’s take a bit more of a look.

Next, the specifications (aka specs):
Diameter: 56.50 mm / 2.22 inches
Width: 44.12 mm / 1.73 inches
Gap Width: 4.50 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 66.2 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Center Trac Bearing
Response: CLYW Snow Tires

And now some comparisons - First with it’s older brother…

Then with some other CLYWs.
NOTE: this set is currently missing Summit comparisons

Puffin

Sasquatch

Avalanche

Peak (3rd Gen)

Glacier Express

Chief

H5 x Chief

Arctic Circle

Wooly Marmot

Gnarwhal

Canvas

Campfire

LB Bassalope

Wooly MarkMont

Galactic Goose

SB Bassalope

Peak (2nd Gen)

CLIFF

Just like the AC and Sasquatch, this return top is incredibly stable. It’s also as hefty feeling or perhaps even moreso than the Arctic Circle/Sasquatch.

The diameter definitely makes it full sized without going into the realm of Oversized, but it feels so full in the hand, that if you like Oversized, you’ll probably like this one too.

It’s fantastic and handling plane-breaking and rejections, and spits out spin-time in its sleep.

Comes stock with a Center-Track bearing and Snow Tires.

Handles anything I can throw at it, although I’m yet to really put it through the paces on testing out ultra-long combos and see if can yet out-perform the Sasquatch.

I’ll be updating this post with more information as time goes on… but for now, I wanted to put this out here and get some dialog started.

The long and short of it for now though, is that this is well worth your money, it looks beautiful, and it performs like an absolute champ.

For now, I’ve updated some photo comparisons/titles and will at some point go in-depth with how it performs against the other CLYW throws.

more to come…

5 Likes

Remember those days when you absolutely loved the first BvM and won contests with it and made one of the best yoyo clip videos in history?

Yes, I do.

Wow! Incredible looking yoyo.

Nice shots!

What is that copper colored oversized throw 3rd from the bottom? I must have it.

H5xChief?

Yup! It’s an H5 x Chief. One of my favorites. And probably the next comparative review that I’ll be diving into. Should be able to put in a big update tomorrow or Wednesday.

Is the yoyo above the Glacier Express a Peak? I can’t tell.

Looks like a Canvas, but I could be wrong.

Just got my bvm 2 today. Spins super hard and is crazy swift

It’s an Adam Brewster edition Peak :wink:

1 Like

Updated with some photo comparison shots. My flickr upload is at its limit right now. I’ll be updating this post with more details and then getting down with all of the CLYW throws eventually…

Enjoy!

P.S. - I know the Canvas comparison shot is blurry - for now it’ll have to do until I can replace it.

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE CLYW!!!

yes I am screaming…

I’ve finally decided to choose this over the Summit due to many reasons. This bad boy shouldn’t disappoint me

Thanks for all of the comparison shots. I received my Harrison Hurricane BvM Round 2 today and while I had an idea on the size based on the specs and your pictures I was still a little bit taken aback by this throw. I now understand why it is a much more modern “competition” type throw than the original BvM. I have smaller hands and almost prefer the original to this throw simply for that reason, but this is a very beautiful return top and your comparison pics helped me a lot. Thanks!

Thanks for the great review ! I’ve heard a lot of stuff about this yoyo ! But I have a quick question, if I had to choose between OG Ava or BvM2 which one should I go for ? Or I can’t miss out on either and must get both? I know I’m getting AC for sure, and one of these (if not both) so which one ?

@yoing4lyf, they’re all very different so it’s hard to say with any definitive certainty… I love the AC and its my current fave out of the CLYW lineup… But the Ava and BvM2 are each fantastic in their own right. The Ava is perhaps more comfortable and he BvM2 more stable/solid… But both choices are excellent in all regards

Much Appreciated.