CLYW Akita

Yeah you’re right. That’s wired… :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve tried every browser and mobile. Nothing, trying like heck on this one.

2 Likes

Same (even though I’m actually not buying it, I’m waiting until my birthday so I can buy it next year).

1 Like

The page is fixed if anyone is interested!

3 Likes

Ahhhh okay

2 Likes

Huh, first throw of this and the shape feels so awfully familiar… on a hunch, I grabbed my Silenus from the wall and put it side by side with the Akita.

Y’all this is basically a BIMETAL SILENUS! :star_struck:

Not that I’m complaining because I love the Silenus but dang this is suuuper similar in shape and size! Obviously it is a bimetal so it plays way more rimweighted.

3 Likes

The Silenus is more like the orca

1 Like

I have put these side by side and they are shockingly similar. See for yourself:

image image

5 Likes

They definitely look similar. Especially in the specs. This is the orca image

3 Likes

Specwise it may be similar. The shape to me is different enough to make a significant difference. The center shape and feel is a huge difference for me. The Akite slopes more gently into the center section. Then rounds out throught the center. The Silenus is straighter through those sections. For me a big feel difference. And of course its bimetal and plays differently.

I think we can say that so many are similar to each other.

3 Likes

Yeah play wise being a bimetal it’s a whole different deal. But feel in the hand is VERY similar (not to mention just about identical width and diameter) – which again, is a compliment! I love the Silenus.

3 Likes

I really enjoy the Silenus as well. I argue it is one of the best values out there.

2 Likes

Is the Akita really good in general? Is it worth it? What does it play like?

2 Likes

Well as previously mentioned I would say it plays like a bimetal Silenus :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The thing is, I have never used a Silenus, so I don’t know how it plays. :thinking:

3 Likes

That would be quite subjective. For me, yes it was. I really enjoy the Shutter Wide Angle and the Silenus. I have small complaints about the feel of the Silenus and Wide Angle that are purely preference. The Akita feels better than both to me, has a rounded organic feel, nice and wide, plus bimetal.

4 Likes

Is the Akita a bell shape?

1 Like

Akita next to Ti Shutter>

Akita between Ti Peak and One Drop Overture>

Akita next to Space Cadet>

6 Likes

That pin is wicked!

1 Like