CLYW Akita

Do we have a release date for the Akita yet? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find many details. I thought I remembered reading something about late 2018 back in September or October.

2 Likes

Think I heard its still being prototyped, or that it just started production. CLYW will announce it when it’s ready :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Tomorrow https://mailchi.mp/clyw/surprise-akita-ff

2 Likes

I’m so hyped! But, why is it not releasing anywhere else but CLYW itself? They didn’t say it was a pre-release, so it’s the actual release. That’s odd…

On the Instagram page it says pre release.

Yeah it looks like a limited run of that particular colorway and enamel pin.

Yeah their email just says 30 are being released. Just a little teaser release.

They wanted to get a handful out for X-Mas but we will have them in January.

Having thrown one I can truly say it will be one of my new favorites. It’s powerful yet fast!

4 Likes

Can you please elaborate? Are specs available? Thanks for chiming in Andre!

1 Like

@AndreBoulay Knowing how much you like the Wide Angle as do I, how would you compare the two? The specs seem very similar. I assume finish and shape will play a role as well as the rings.

1 Like

YES! Actually one of the reasons I like it so much is it is a similar size to the Wide Angle Shutter! But plays soooo different… What I found really unique about it is the way the weight is distributed. A lot of the weight if focused really well on the rim in a quite different manner than I have seen in such a wide model (that pretty wide stainless steel rim). It maintains stability while still staying super floaty… If you ever watch Mark Mangarin (@lvm) play he has a style that is really quite like ‘dance’ and the way he moves the yo-yo is super flowy - so to me it really is a model built for someone who wants to do some really nice smooth tricks without sacrificing stability or long spin (yo-yo dying out mid freestyle).

From CLYW:

Akita Specs:
Diameter: 55.10 mm
Width: 48.10 mm
Weight: 64.75 grams
Bearing: Size C Center Trac™
Response: Snow Tires
Suggested Retail: $120 USD

Box includes:
Assembled return top
Fat Kitty String
Limited Edition hard enamel pin

4 Likes

Also… that pin is SO DOPE!

7dab479a-6801-4e3e-90fe-02c18550eda0

ab759b3d-f620-4d72-938e-2739877365d7

4455d080-bc60-4726-82d7-6c0842def915

6 Likes

It looks awesome and I do like Mark’s style. I might wait to you guys stock them.

1 Like

Is it also good for tech?

1 Like

I agree. That pin is very cool. It would be nice to see more manufacturers doing something like this. I think it really adds to the appeal of purchasing the product. Nice touch.

2 Likes

Solid. Handles string really well.

3 Likes

Hmm… that’s wired. I was at MA states this year and didn’t see Mark on stage; great routine though. Also, good thing it handles tech well, because I’m a speedy-tech player.

3 Likes

It’s a W I D E boi

1 Like

The Akita just released! :tada::partying_face::star_struck:

1 Like

Not working!

2 Likes