Cloud String

I threw some Cloud String in my cart on a whim, and I figured I’d give it a little write up because it is quite different than anything I’ve thrown before. The first thing I noticed is the way the string is wound. It has very tight coils, and you would think it would be very stiff based on appearance, but this is not the case. Even though it LOOKS tight, it is very soft and has more bounce than anything I’ve ever seen. And I mean more bounce by miles. So much bounce that it took me a few throws to get used to. You can really feel it on the initial throw, but once you get the yoyo moving and take the “slack” out of it, it actually feels and behaves quite nicely on the hands. Binds are a little tricky at first, I believe because the very slick surface isn’t very grabby, but after a while become more reliable. Slacks and whips are…strange at first. There is something odd about the way the string moves through the air when not under some tension. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is exactly, but you may be able to adjust. However, if you consider your play style to be speedy, this string will probably be very enjoyable. Either way, I highly recommend giving it a shot at least one just because it truly is different. As with most boutique stings, price may be a turnoff for some, but since you can purchase a single string I’d say go for it.
Cloud String up top, played Toxic Prime (I think) below

I’m tempted to buy a Cloud String just to compare it to my homebrew Nylon (which lasts forever). The string I make has this very shiny sheen to it, and is very slippery. I’ve played mine for about a week and still felt like new. Threw it in the washer (with my laundry) as the string got dirty, came out good as new…then an impossible to remove knot got in it.

…time to twist some more of my own “cloud string”…

Im going to pick up 5 and put em through the wringer. Im not looking for a new string since ive found and stocked up on my favorite, but i want to try these. Thanks for the write up!

I have really been tempted to try them out. This has made me think I just might try some. How long is it lasting people? Anybody attempted to wash actual cloud string?

Garrett have been using the same cloud string for at least 2 weeks or more. And he washed it. No problem.

I haven’t tried washing mine yet. But I am transferring the same cloud string to whatever yoyo I use each day. And haven’t used a New string in at least 2 weeks.

I am not saying it should be an Everyday string for everybody. Some people might not like it at all.

It has this ‘elastic’ quality to it. Like a little bungie cord. If you play fast… The Cloud string bounce really makes the yoyo Fly, lol.

It is simply like no other string.

Just buy one. That is all you need to help decide if it is ‘fun’ for your style. Or for those certain days when you just want to tear it up.

It makes every yoyo seem more Alive.

$4 = Cheap entertainment

1 Like

Very much this. I bought 5 and have spent the last hour or so with mine. I want more! I LOVE em!!

edit I just bought the last 7. I want 10 in wait. :slight_smile:

I really hope they get some more in stock soon. I didn’t get the chance to get any before…

This string is pretty cool. it feels like you are using a rubber band, very elastic. I found it a bit hard to untwist initially when attaching the yoyo. $4 is a bit overpriced but the string is supposed to last longer…will see!

Ill be wrighting up a comprehensive review here in the next few days or so. Im really impressed. Its not perfect, and has a few drawbacks, but SUPER excels in other ways that make it all worth it.