Chronicle of going backwards (from gold to garbage): Magic Yoyo K Series

oh it so will. XD Yeah I got lucky and I love my k3. (also if you felt like it, the n9 and t8 are pretty fun too. The t8 has a really small gap which can be a nice fun challenge)

Yeah, I had read it. Iā€™ve heard opposed opinions about the T8 tho. I think siliconing is a must on these ASAP and an extra bearing to replace stock seems the way to go for a cheap amazing throw. Most complained part is always the response and bearing.

Just ordered the n12 acid green and the pink and purple n9. Stoked. Ill let yā€™all know what I think when I get em.

those are the exact two I have

OMG!!! I love this n12 seriously for $16 it is legit as all hell! Smooth responsive fast great shape. Finger grinds are amazing, rejections amazing. I love this yoyo. Best part isā€¦if it gets dinged IDK.
This yoyo plays on a $100 level. Easy. Iā€™m glad I got a good one too, because I heard you guys talking about bad bearings out of the box and what not. Mine was pristine and perfect.

Super satisfied. No doubt.

The n12 is a one of the magic throws that seems to always have a good bearing. XD

Today I got my MYY T5 and N12. No gloves or extra strings tho :cry: (looks like thatā€™s only on ebay).
The T5ā€™s bearing was fine and unresponsive, the N12 had a different bearing (very weird) and responsive out of the box. Both were flat bearings. I thought they came with concaves, I guess it depends where you get them from, on ebay they offer CC 10-balls. Iā€™ve seen some newer MYYs like K5 or K6 with gold plated bearings.
Well I also got some Onestars with CTs installed so I swapped them to the MYYs. I put some Kitty String on them also, the stock string was a joke.
I canā€™t describe the level of amazement Iā€™m experiencing. The glossy finish on the T5 eats grinds like nothing and keeps spinning for more. The N12 has a more matte finish (which is actually beadblasted!) but can also grind for eons.
They are very similar in shape and specs, being the N12 a little wider, however their personalities are quite different. The N12 is more like an elegant arrogant yoyo that moves like nothing impresses him, he will take tricks with a hint of indifference and keeping the speed level understandable even if you push him, showing that inner wisdom that his weight distribution implies which also keeps him true to his spinning plane no matter what you throw at him. The T5 is playful and jumpy, almost being insolent sometimes, it weights the same as the N12 but feels faster and easier to tilt. Both play amazing on the CT bearings. My mind knows that the N12 is more reliable in the end but the T5 makes me smile, canā€™t decide which one I prefer yetā€¦

I like the description. XD Whereā€™d you buy them though? I bought my n12 on amazon and it came with concave and extra, not AWEFUL sting, but it wasnā€™t that good either. My k3 was awesome, so where both my n9s and t8. XP Amazon dude. Amazon.

I canā€™t say the name of the store here.
Amazon wonā€™t ship that to were I live.
Ebay seems to be the sweetest deal, 5 strings (on different colours) with gloves. Iā€™m getting some MYY from there now, theyā€™ll arrive on January with the whole bundle each one :stuck_out_tongue:

well there ya go

the T8 I have one hate it. Bot because of the response or bearing those are fine what I hate about it is how itā€™s such a narrow H shape and yet full-sized. It just doesnā€™t feel right in my hands and it feels awkward to use because of the specs. I would have been fine with it though If it was at least mid-sized or undersized.

I like t8. Itā€™s a challenge. And for 8 bucks itā€™s pretty damn goo. XD And itā€™s really good for thumb grinds.

I agree with that its great for the price but I just donā€™t like the shape.

I almost got that one but there were too many to try before.

The shape is kinda bad, but itā€™s a good throw for really cheap and the small gap makes you work on string accuacy. I like it.

pretty sure this is just a QC issue. i have both and they work flawlessly. dead smooth,long spin time, the works you know? all i did was a few touch ups. with the k8; i took a box cutter to those plastic caps and cut them out. :stuck_out_tongue: and i switched out the hub-stack bearings for the k9. everything else bone stock. considering that theyā€™re about $20 a piece qc issues could be expected. :open_mouth:

The magic K8 is one. The best yoyos Iā€™ve ever thrown.
I canā€™t say much about the K9 tho, itā€™s fun, thatā€™s about it