Chronicle of going backwards (from gold to garbage): Magic Yoyo K Series

A note, Kingyostar is definitly not a mass produce company. We do small runs of high quality. Look at our most recent yoyo, the “Rapid”. 7075 aluminum with Stainless steel weight rims, we only made 100 for north american.

That sounds quite awesome. Could you shoot me a pm with specs and price? (Possible where I could acquire this interesting yoyo?)

The KingYoStar Rapid will be available here at YoYoExpert very soon!

2 Likes

@gocrazyforyoyo BTW, my main complain about the K9 is the sleeping time, is awful compared with the N12, I wonder if is only mine. How long can you make it sleep? I could never make it sleep for more than 4 minutes.

There are like over 9000 new chinese bimetals coming out. The bandwagon is strong in this one.

I can do my longest combos on any yoyo I have.

Do you need more than four minutes to get through a combo? I’d guess no, but maybe you throw 100+ string hit combos on a daily basis.

To answer your question, I can make any yoyo I own sleep as long as I need it to. My D8 sleeps just fine.

I have never been one to just throw down a sleeper and time it. I can’t really give you a specific number of minutes. Then again my longest combo probably isn’t longer than 45 seconds.

try a long horizontal combo.

Yes, I was once again like you. When I discovered magic yoyo, I thought I’d stumbled on gold because they played well and cost next to nothing. I thought myself an idiot for paying any more that 20 bucks for a yoyo.
After buying a few magic yoyos, it became clear in time why they are so cheap. They are are made from an awful cheap aluminium that doesn’t ‘ding’ it more just carves out with small contact, for example, hitting my wedding ring. To my knowledge, only the N12 and the desperado are actually machined from 6061. I don’t buy magic yoyo any more.

Don’t hit things?

Gold ring? If it’s dinging from that you should be able to fix it by rubbing. All my MYYs have hit concrete and asphalt. Still play fine.

Hitting things is inevitable no matter how careful you are. A yoyo should bear up to minor collisions. My wedding ring is flat and not sharp at all. A small hit with It actually slightly carved out some aluminium from my n9. Others such as my Cypher there is barely any noticeable damage at all when this happens.

Never said they were gold. Just said they aren’t crap, and that mine work properly. I don’t hit things that often, but when I do my MagicYoyos are fine afterwards.

I base this on something I read on alibaba they offered to manufacture in three kinds of aluminum, 6061, 7075 and 5052… (And many other materials like steel and brass)
It looks like you can send them your own designs …

Just a quick heads up, I just got the k3 and holy hot D*amn that’s a nice yoyo. XD Going to do a review shortly

The Overlord looks cheapy but the Shark Honor looks easily like a 100 dolar yoyo, still difficult to pair with such fine throws on the sides.
I have the T5 and the N12 coming any day now (plus some other throws and stuff) but the N12 is the one I’m most excited about.

Regardless of this review I took a leap of faith and today bought a K9, K8 and N5. I’ve read people loving the K8, don’t know bout the K9 but the shape is almost like the Regen so can’t be bad. And the Desprado, well, to mess around with an extra wide inspired by Evan Nagao.

doublepost, please delete

IF you want to know what the n12 is like I think I did a fair review, but you will not be disappointed by it!

The n12 is absolutely incredible . It really does play as good as $80+

I also have a k9 in the mail ,

Can’t wait to try that

Mine took like, a month in half from amazon to get here. XP

Mine is actually from a local yoyostore so it should be here in a few days .

The quality control might also be a little better considering it’s not taking a month from China