Axle Size: 12mm Axle

Qixia Yoke Specs.
Diameter: 56.4 mm
Width:42.7 mm
Gap Width: 4.7 mm
Weight: 65g
Bearing Size: C
Response: Qixia silicone O-Ring
It is very similar to the Avant Garde, but I wouldn’t call it a copy. They have differences.
These two yoyos are very similar, but no one calls either one a copy of the other. So why should anyone call a Yoke a copy of the Avant Garde, or of anything else? I am not calling the X3 yoyo a copy, either, I am only saying that they are similar.

1 Like

Ignorance. Ignorance everywhere.

Typical of Americans.

i’m going to have to agree with you there

Ok, none of you can say the Yoke was a bootleg of the Avant Garde, because they are all based off the Auldey L4. The Auldey L4 first had that dip in the catch zone, and YYF basically decided they liked the idea, and made the Avant Garde.

2 Likes

Thank you Austin Deanhardt your info helped me out a bunch. Ill try out that yoke soon now that I can clearly see that its not a carbon copy plus I really do like the shape. I also want to try out the Qi Xia Nuclear Element if its also titanium alloy like the Ultimate Soldiers. Thanks for all posting on this I am glad it brought a discussion on and you all did your homework!

1 Like

Sorry?

Actually, the L4 was not the first to use the concept either. But what is appalling about the Avant Garde is that it is a complete replica of the L4.

None of them are actually titanium lol, they’re just labeled wrong. And what yoyo before the L4 used this concept? Enlighten me.

Im not going to do a metal test over it but it says Titanium Alloy not Titanium which would be very expensive. I did tap the ground with it today and it sparked and as far as I know Aluminum does not spark on the ground. Correct me if I am wrong since I very well could be. Titanium alloy isn’t that expensive depending on how much filler is used in it. You can go to wallmart and get a bmx bike with a titanium alloy frame for 90-150 dollars. I do not own any other titanium alloy throws to compare but every review I see on this throw says titanium alloy and the same site with the same brand will say aluminum for others they carry.

Still, a yoyo with titanium alloy would be much more expensive than 15$, and anodize sparks too.

It is from china were labor is cheaper by about 80% compared to factory workers in the states. I mean its pretty hard to even find a 10 ball concave bearing under 10 dollars unless you order in bulk but this comes with one.Their are 41 grades of titanium alloy known and some are cheaper than more common materials used in metal throws. I doubt that every site that has those 2 throws would lie since people would get very upset on amazon not getting what they paid for. Amazon has to ask sellers to remove items all the time due to false advertisement, These have been up for a long while and even have costumer reviews and not 1 person complained about it not being what it said. I just shaved around the part that I hit on the ground with a knife getting a few shavings and used a torch to light it. It burned white hot to a point were i could not look at at, almost like magnesium. a bit of it did not burn at all as well but it lit up like gasoline.

I think next time I see my parents I will give him it and have him test it at Dow to find out exactly what is in it and what % and what grade it is

On another note I found this

The average price of Titanium on the mid 2011 market was $43 per pound(9 cents a gram).
99.9% pure titanium was $6 a gram. and scrap titanium was going for 5 dollars a pound(about 1 cent per gram). Now factor in the grade used and I would imagine it was made from recycled scrap and then the other metals added in to make it a alloy. Adding all that in its way under 1 cent per gram. Now to pay the workers for making it, well that could be anywhere depending on the company. But most factory workers in china have bad income and some do not get paid at all only a place to sleep and food. The throw is 78 grams so 78 grams of just scrap titanium would be 78 cents. But this is not titanium, its titanium ally(or so it says) so it would be even cheaper for the material. Basically the only money i see in it is they pay to workers for working with a hard to use high melting point metal. But once its a alloy it would be a lot easier to work with and if it was mixed very light with titanium it would be very easy to work with

Aren’t Canadians Americans also?

No way. They are way better than us. I think? Maybe I am just being ignorant tho I am American so I can’t help it :o lols

Thanks by the way I put up vids on here on the noise of the stacks then cleaned one and also put that up. It worked well.

So is the AODA sunshine a throw or no throw? Cuz I was gonna get one but this made me rethink. Or would you recommend the qi xiu one? And if so where can I get it it’s not on here.

1 Like

I’ve tried a Fraxel and agree, it is very noisy! Sounds kind of cool but I can see where it can get annoying pretty quick. I’ve also ‘squeezed’ the stacks and got the yoyo to slow down to a stop…which is impossible to do on a YYF since it just keeps spinning!

1 Like

Its good as long as you clean the stacks. I in fact love mine the gap is sweet.