Chief or Irony Jp -anyone tried both?

Considering the Chief 11th run Concrete Blizzard or Iron Jp Green with acid wash…anyone tried both?

Read great things about the chief, but recntly read the iron jp plays like top of the range Japanese yoyos. Are they significantly better in terms of quality?

Haven’t been able to find any good iron jp reviews…

It’s all preference really. They’re both fantastic throws.

1 Like

Both are great throws.

JP is a lot bigger and feels a lot heavier

Chief is smaller and more floaty

I am a fan of both, and will be picking up a JP shortly…

1 Like

Which:
plays faster
is more forgiving on poorer throws
Is less vibey
Is less prone to ‘tilting’
Is longer spinning

I can get the irony jp for £66 and the chief for £76. I’ve been after the chief for a shirt while, but then read several posts abouth the quality of the Irony and am quite confused now!

The IronyJP beats the Chief in all categories you mentioned.
Can flay unbelievably fast, super stable, forgiving, and a great, Japanese style yoyo.

The IronyJP is a true competition yoyo, and is amazing for the price.
The Chief is more “fun”.

Grab a JP. You wont regret it.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s the irony jp for me then! What does more ‘fun’ mean - does it mean more enjoyable to throw/do tricks on?

I agree with yoyoavenger on all points except being more forgiving on bad throws. The JP isn’t as kind when it comes to a bad throw. That being said, its not like its a problem.
And i have two Chiefs. One is DEAD smooth, smoother than my Irony, and i have another Chief with a minute vibe, less smooth than my Irony.

The Chief have more float to it.

1 Like

It’s hard to describe, the Chief…just feels nice to play. More relaxed and floaty.

1 Like

chief:artistic,flighty,smooth as butter,lets you do what you want at any pace,only short coming is thumb grinds irony jp: All business,more durable due to material, plays like a yyr, makes some tricks feel effortless,smooth

1 Like

I would base your choice on whether you want a killer YoYo for competitions and extreme playability, or a more casual sweet looking double-rimmed one from Canada!
But I’ve heard they are both good throws so you can’t go wrong either way.

1 Like

Very tough choice - the irony jp is the equivalent of $15 cheaper than the chief though! I prefer the aesthetics of the chief, but the irony keeps drawing me to it too!

I own them both and they’re both absolutely fantastic throws. My vote goes to the Irony JP because I think it very very narrowly pips the Chief in every category (except maybe aesthetics). Other minor point in the favour of the Irony JP:
-made of 7075 aluminium which tends to be a bit more rugged
-no axle hub on the side face of the yoyo which makes it much easier to do those finger spins which are all the rage at the moment

Rest assured, there’s really no wrong choice here.

Yuki

1 Like

Right - irony jp it is then!