Cheap Alternative to the Steel Shutter?

I’m looking for a cheaper, unresponsive, alternative to the $120 Steel Shutter because I am too poor to afford the actual one. (as close to the Steel Shutter as possible while also being less than $50)

p.s please put links, thanks!

1 Like

Not to be sarcastic here but… the normal Shutter?

Edit:upon seeing your profile saying that your favorite throw is the Shutter, look at the people below me. I’m a dingus for not researching enough

3 Likes

Maybe a YYF heist. Not really the same shape but a good mini steel yoyo.

9 Likes

I second this.

Heist is it.

8 Likes

The recess snack is a little bigger but 1/4 the price.

6 Likes

I second the Recess Snack. Really good pocket sized throw.

3 Likes

I would say look for a lowerKase on the BST, but you’ll be looking for a while.

So definitely a Heist. It is such a powerful yoyo for it’s size.

8 Likes

RCS Ducc
V1 is usually preferred, though I’m a big fan of the V2

YYF GenXS

ZipLine Ist

1 Like

i third this, the heist is even better for practicing accuracy an it’s the size of an air-pod case

2 Likes

Euphonius by Anomoly YOYO is were you want to be!

Zero idea how to get one. Sorry.

Mine was an incredible gift from @Evertonian while I was purchasing their ATMOS Khuno. I thought it was a mistake that it was in my package… why is this incredible SS yoyo in with the yoyo I purchased?? Euphonius is no joke!!! Best expressed by two of my favorite reviewers.

3 Likes

@sloegoe should still have a black Euphonious with C bearing. This is a great, great yoyo.

2 Likes

A mini yoyo under $50? That’s a tough ask. You won’t find anything like the steel shutter at that price point. Heck you won’t even find a lot of mini yoyos at that price point. Most of them are above $50. I would echo the others in the thread and recommend the Heist, but it’s $60.

My recommendation for you would be the C3yoyodesign Token. If you don’t like the look of that and want something much lighter, then the Yoyo King Dr Smalls should do alright, but it’s far from the best.

1 Like

I‘d say the Yoyo Zeekio Alpha Steel would be a great alternativ. Not quite under $50 ($69) and organic shaped but a very capable undersized D-size bearing steel throw.

1 Like

If you check the bst you might be able to find a g2 mini banshee or mini covey for around that price or a little more.

Thank you the information

2 Likes

I would seriously recommend ‘not’’ buying a Heist.

First of all it is small.

It is heavy.

If you put it in your pocket, you end up with a little heavy looking lump which will tilt your spine and make you walk down the sidewalk at an angle😳

I would recommend buying 2 Heist yo-yos. That way you can put one in each front pocket and the perfect balance will allow you to walk straight ahead. Trust me…. I’ve tested my theory.

3 Likes

dunno if there’s a yyf popstar available on the market since its also a budget friendly pocket yoyo.

This is the way.

@p44company it’s basically impossible to find a YYF Popstar nowadays. The last of them were released as B-grades, but that was like 3 years ago so yeah.