Chatgpt gave me ideas for yoyo innovation

Can you help me invent a new yoyo?

Of course! Here are some ideas for a new and innovative yoyo design:

1. Smart Yoyo: A yoyo that has an integrated microprocessor and sensors to track tricks, spins, and other performance metrics. It could have a companion app that tracks progress, provides guidance and learning resources, and allows users to compete and share their skills with others.
  2. Modular Yoyo: A yoyo that allows users to easily swap out parts to customize their yoyo experience. This could include different axle lengths, bearings, weights, or response systems. It could be a great way for users to experiment and find the perfect setup for their style and skill level.
  3. Safety Yoyo: A yoyo that is designed with safety in mind, to prevent accidents and injuries. It could have a retractable string or a safety mechanism that prevents the yoyo from flying off the string if it gets tangled. It could also be made with softer materials that reduce impact if it hits something or someone.
  4. Magnetic Yoyo: A yoyo that uses magnetic levitation to enhance performance and provide new tricks. It could use a strong magnetic field to stabilize the yoyo and keep it in place during tricks, or allow for more complex and innovative tricks by attracting or repelling other magnets.

I hope these ideas help inspire your new yoyo invention!

8 Likes

This personā€™s out here making yoyos of the future

1 Like

Some interesting ideas! As far as modular yoyos, thereā€™s One Dropā€™s Side effects and Freshly Dirtyā€™s Mod44 (changeable rims), but thereā€™s not one where you can swap out everything. ZGRT has been making some interesting skill toys that can switch from one thing to another.

For me, one of the appeals of yoyo is its simplicity and non-electronic nature. Thatā€™s not to say that others wouldnā€™t love a smart yoyo.

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised Freshly dirty never made SS + plastic rims for the mod44.

1 Like

But are any of those ā€œideasā€ really any good?

1. Smart yo-yo? How? How would you teach a sensor on a yo-yo when a ā€œtrickā€ had been completed?
  2. Modular; Its been tried. All it does is create vibe.
  3. Safety; How? How do you stop a yo-yo from hitting something? Change the laws of Physics? Maybe an air-bag?
  4. Magnetic: Again; how? Are we going to yo-yo inside of an MRI machine? What would the health consequences be of playing yo-yo inside of an intense magnetic field for a few hours?

Super clever idea to ask ChatGP about this. Lets call this AI - or Artificial Ideas?

ā€¦doesnā€™t everybody yoyo inside of an MRI machine?

maybe we should ask skynet again in a few yearsā€¦ lol.

3 Likes

I asked it further questions such as ā€œHow would I make a smart yoyo?ā€ and it got more indepth. It listed a bunch of steps of how you would need to make a cad drawing to house the components for the accelerometer and gyroscopic sensors. It also said you would need to make software to connect to an app for the information. I was going to copy and paste it but itā€™s gone.

Itā€™s not like super amazing information but it is pretty neat.

1 Like

Just because we canā€™t do it yet doesnā€™t mean it might not be cool. I think a modular yoyo, if done to an extent where itā€™s more modular than a onedrop even, would be cool. Like have different assemblies where maybe one could switch between stainless rims or aluminum

1 Like

Yes, totally agree. Letā€™s keep it that way.

4 Likes

You need this: :laughing:

Yomega_Xodus_II_Yo-Yo_Red_large

1 Like

Needs more padding.

As far as a modeler yo-yo design goes and itā€™s tendency to create vibe what would the semantics be of creating a large threaded middle area to change the shape of the yo-yo?

Like, being able to play with a competition oriented V shape and then unscrewing the outer portion to replace with organic shaped outer rims? Similar weight for the outer portion could (in my mind) be a cool way to practice flow and consistency with the O shape and then play at a competitive level with the same yo-yo in a V shape.

1 Like

I think, then, a Safety oriented, no string, soft, modular yo-yo with Magnetic functionality and A.I. progressive Self-Learning capabilities would be the ticket.
ā€˜Just get the yo-yoā€¦ā€¦ push the Initiate buttonā€¦. Set it on the Coffee tableā€¦ step back and put your hands in your pockets.

The Magnetic propulsion would make the yo-yo airborne and the long combos would complete with no chance of string tangles.

You could sit down and face the other way, while playing Fortnight on your Desktop.

Every two or three minutes, the soft safety yo-yo would lovingly bounce off the top of your head, to let you know itā€™s OK.

You could take your Magna-yo and your Pet rock to the Zoo and make new friends.

Life is goodā€¦

2 Likes

a smart, safe, modular & magnetic yo-yo would be better than any one of these ideas
:rofl:

I want a pocket yoyo that expands into a V shape like those collapsible top hats. Or the collapsible cups that they sell for campers.

Ivan

1 Like

I personally think ZGRT is the closest to this concept. The Albrije has the ā€œCentersā€ that you are reffering too. Pick your Bearing, Size, etc.

Currently we have the Wood ā€œOuttersā€ that come with the Yoyo.

I think it is only a matter of time before ZGRT or Someone else offers ā€œHalvesā€ that work with this system. Machined Aluminum, Wood, 3D Printedā€¦ The base is thereā€¦

2 Likes

I think a smart yoyo could be cool but it would be really hard to make it durable. Something that gets nailed off of hard objects with fragile electric components inside of it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.