Cursed yoyo ideas cont'd

I don’t know if it was me or someone else who made a thread about bad ideas for yoyos, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a thread about it before. Here are more contributions related to that. Feel free to share your own dubious ideas.

• A 9-material yoyo involving all 3 major aluminum alloys, titanium, brass, SS, Polycarb, delrin, and Mg. Ofc each would be clearly distinguished
  • A yoyo whose halves were myriagons (1000-sided polygons). Just to see if people could detect that the yo wasn’t actually a true circle.
3 Likes

The machining on both of those would be horrid to say the least. Amazing ideas.

I mean the obvious cursed ideas are yo-yos that melt mercury yoyo or ice really any other solid only when cold material yoyo. A mold to freeze and get it to a solid again in the right shape. To that affect a yo-yo that evaporates like a dry ice yoyo.

On the mercury note any yoyo made of toxic or hazardous materials. Any radioactive material would fit the bill but lead and other dangerous elements work just as terribly.

Yoyos with Sharp parts like a razor blade yoyo. Obviously finger decapitation sounds pretty cursed.

A smart yoyo. Like with a built in alexa……

I could think of other cursed ideas I’ll come back here with more bad ideas.

3 Likes

A literally cursed yoyo that will let you land any trick you can think of, but you miss everything with any other yoyo.

5 Likes

A yoyo that comes back whenever it wants in completely random intervals of time. It’s a good, weighty, sleeper too. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Here’s a terrible idea i was thinking about yesterday… common modern bicycles are sort of like unresponsive yoyos, then you have fixed gear bikes similar to fixed axles yoyos… but what about e-bikes… i don’t think there is an equivalent e-yoyo that is battery powered to reduce your need to exert energy. Not sure what type of yoyo it would be, but probably a looper that can loop itself. sounds scary tbh, ive hopped on a segue in a narrow hallway and lost control but trying to handling 2 out of control loopers… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

a yoyo with an LCD screen as a cap,
you could program it… until you ding it.

4 Likes

A weedwacker yoyo that you can use to cut down weeds and grass. Can either come with a small pull-start gas engine, or manual with a string

4 Likes

a yoyo that only spins one way but not the other (like a bike wheel)

3 Likes

A light up yoyo that requires you to press in the caps to light up, but the caps are so tight that they automatically turn the lights off every time you catch the yoyo.
totally not talking about the new revision of the magic yoyo aurora

1 Like

Anyone else find this video on “cursed yoyo’s”

2 Likes

There exists motorized yoyos but I forgot where

3 Likes

This is one of the best yoyo videos I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

How about a yoyo that replays the same 15 second clip of a repetitive pop song whenever it sleeps. Kind of like those old Tooth Tunes toothbrushes that everyone saw on TV

That would be fantastically annoying

5 Likes

Ohh those exist @RC_yo-yo ajowed off a fun one that is absolutely cursed and amazing it would end my marriage if I tried to find one it’s like the little yipping toy dogs at the mall kind of deal.

2 Likes

Wasn’t that an auldey yoyo that you had to press the caps to engage the motor?

1 Like

Would be cool if that whistle yoyo that yff made could whistle a tune

4 Likes

The recent MK1 Unicorn gave me the idea of beyblade yoyos. Does that count?

I think that one fully brass yoyo is insanely cursed. The patina’s gotta smell awful eventually.

Or those yoyos with holes in the catch zone like the Hanzo, hope those edges got proper filets :grimacing:

2 Likes

Come try our new line of plutonium yo-yos!! They energize you while you play!!!:smiley:
GET EM WHILE THEY’RE HOT!!!

2 Likes

I can only imagine there’s a glowing yoyo somewhere made of radioactive material. Or a wood yoyo painted with fluorescent glowing radioactive paint. Heck I would be surprised if some of my older yo-yos didn’t have lead paint.

2 Likes

Watches with glowing dials used to be coated in Tritium, which is radioactive.

1 Like