Chaotic or lunatic??

hey guys… just wondering if i should get the chaotic or lunatic… Ive heard they are both great but please help!!! Any other sugg. im on expert part 2 and i like undersized.
Angeyoyo

The Chaotic just came out. I dont think anybody can really tell you about it. The Lunatic is undersized and the Chaotic is mid sized, so if you really like small yoyos the Lunatic sounds good. Their shapes are almost the exact same. The Chaotic is wider than the Lunatic. Chaotic being 1.61 inches and the Lunatic being 1.54. The gap width of the Lunatic is 4.6 and the gap width of the Chaotic is 4.3. The Lunatic uses a Large Skinny CBC Pad response and the Chaotic uses a yoyorecreation Silicone O-Ring. Besides those they are really similar. I’ve heard great reviews on the Lunatic and the Chaotic is a upgraded Lunatic. So you really have to decide which size, gap size, response, and width you like more.

Hope this helped!

Um ya. What Kei said ;D

I don’t have any dealings with these yoyo’s but I would say you should go with the lunatic since you enjoy smaller throws. Just my $.02

Both the Lunatic and the Chaotic are essentially the same yo-yo with slight variations. The Chaotic has a concave catch area, giving it more rim weight, while the Lunatic has a smooth straight wall. The Chaotic has a Center Track bearing and the Lunatic has a normal SPEC but also comes in small bearing. The Lunatic has an IRG lip while the Chaotic does not. Basically, pick whichever one you think looks cooler, you won’t be disappointed.

the chaotic plays alot heavier than the lunatic, im not a big fan of either yoyo but if i had to choose based on my expieriences throwing them both i would highly recommend the lunatic

i currently have a lunatic and am considering a chaotic. if you like under size go for lunatic. mid-size chaotic. they both are sorta the same. if i were you the lunatic would already be shipped

they are the exact same size

First of all, the yoyos are the same size.

Second, I like the Chaotic. It plays a lot better in my opinion and for some reason, the Lunatic was very awkward for me to catch (it hurt my middle finger), but when I played the Chaotic a couple of weeks ago, it felt just right.

Actually the Lunatic is:
Diameter: 50.00 mm / 1.97 inches
Width: 39.00 mm / 1.54 inches
Gap: 4.6 mm / .181 inches
Weight: 66.4 grams

While the Chaotic is
Diameter: 54.0 mm / 2.12 inches
Width: 40.8 mm / 1.61 inches
Gap: 4.30 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 66.8 grams

They are really close but the Lunatic is smaller with a slightly wider gap. This all comes down to angeyoyos preference. I think you should just choose the one you think is cooler, or something that might be different. If you’ve never played with a KK then go with Chaotic, etc.
Good luck picking out your throw. ;D

You must have the wrong specs because we compared the Chaotic and the Lunatic just the other day. It was almost impossible to distinguish a difference in the diameters (which is what we are referring to when we talk about undersized).

After checking specs, the diameter of the chaotic is 50 mm. Width, weight, and gap width, all have differences, but like I said before that is not what we are talking about when we say undersized, medium sized, etc.

My specs are straight from YYE pages
Chaotic:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/146/YYF-Chaotic

And Lunatic:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/114/YYF-Lunatic

I agree that neither of these are undersized. I’m just saying the Lunatic is smaller, not significantly by any means.

I dont think you understand what DYonch is saying, me and him had both a lunatic and chaotic in our hands and held them side by side, they are the same
from yoyoguy specs for the chaotic-
•Diameter: 50mm
•Thickness: 39mm
•Weight: 66gm

Look, Tyler and I have both thrown the yoyo, you haven’t. They have the exact same diameter according to us and two other sites. And they are both undersized.

Note: Sorry if I sound rude, I do not mean to be.

It’s no trouble, I didn’t know where you were coming from. Thanks for the clear up.

Sorry for my mix up guys.

No problem

Don’ worry about it, Bro.