Centerpiece Throws Official

Hello and happy Monday, YoYoExpert!

I wanted to share something with you all that I am truly excited about - a side project, per se, that I’ve been working on with my good friend, David Bieber (@hesperaux). This is our first prototype throw, the ‘Portrait’ by Centerpiece Throws.

A little information about us:

Our goal is to set out to create unique and artistically expressive yoyos with a primary focus on displaying the artwork as best as possible (in the cup!). We understand there is a boom happening right now with the emergence of so many new and amazing yoyo brands, so we believe it is important to distinguish that we are not looking to flood the market with these throws. While we would love to see these designs in as many hands/collections as possible, we are aiming to keep the manufacturing to a minimum with a primary focus on finding and displaying the best anodizing artwork we can so as not to flood the market any further than it already is.

We are not trying to be “the next big thing”, so don’t expect any sort of hyped up drops or fancy websites or anything. When we do have throws ready to share with you all, you can plan to hear about it via the YoYoExpert Forums, the Facebook YoYo BST & Talk group, or you can follow our progress on our Facebook page at Centerpiece Throws | Facebook!

We are both really happy with how this first prototype came out, though there will likely be some tweaks to the design between this and the final version. Regardless, we are still super excited with the results so far and we are looking forward to continuing our yoyo manufacturing exploration! Included below are some photos of the first prototype for our yoyo, the Centerpiece Throws - ‘Portrait’. We’ve also included some renders for future colorways we plan to release! At the moment, we have a heavy emphasis on spirals - we love how hypnotizing these things can be! Specs below!

That is all! We’re looking forward to sharing more with you all as we progress!

Specs:

Name: Portrait Prototype v1
Material: 6061
Total Weight: 66.4g
Diameter: 56.37mm
Width: 45.5mm
Gap Width: 4.55mm
Axle: M4*12mm
Bearing: Size C
Pads: 19mm standard OR flowable silicone - you can replace the silicone with a standard pad if you’d like.

Here is a spin vid for the current prototype :slight_smile:

Skip to 27 seconds in for the good stuff :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully the quality is OK!

33 Likes

:eyes:
This looks awesome! I can’t wait to hear more about this.

7 Likes

Wonka-riffic!

3 Likes

Those look sweet!

4 Likes

14 Likes

They look amazing! I’m curious how they look spinning :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

How much?

2 Likes

We are still working on a final price point!

1 Like

Nice swirls!! Can you capture one spinning?

2 Likes

wow these are beautiful, let me know if you ever plan to pass one around!

4 Likes

Best swirl I’ve ever seen in a yoyo

6 Likes

Like everyone else I’m just waiting for that hypnotic spin demonstration lol. Looks awesome and what I really like is that it will be a very distinct throw :+1:

5 Likes

I will get a spin vid posted later today :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Can I say that this look absolutely great? Amazing job, if the price point will be in line with my pocket I will take definitely one, do not have anything like that in my collection!

Looking at the post of the yoyo you look for in the market and the style of them, only something great was possible to come out!

Great job

5 Likes

Hey all! Here is the spin vid :slight_smile:

Skip to 27 seconds in for the good stuff :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully the quality is OK!

26 Likes

This is exactly how I was hoping it was gonna look :+1:

2 Likes

Looks amazing! Super stoked to see some of the other colors in the future!

2 Likes

Update from the machine shop: Portrait Proto v2 is on its way to us as we speak! Next step: anodizing!

Name: Portrait Prototype v2
Metal: 7068
Total Weight: 61.90g
Diamater: 55.50mm
Width: 43.00mm
Gap Width: 4.44mm
Axle: M4*10mm
Bearing: C
Pads: Standard 19mm pads (but we might experiment with doing flowable silicone for a bit - it just binds better! You can always rip the flowable out and put in your 19mm pads of choice, though :slight_smile: )

18 Likes

Brief update:

Our V2 prototype did not meet our standards, so we elected to make some changes. V3 has been designed and is currently being machined as we speak :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Looks really awesome! Are y’all going to do any engraving in the cup ever or just focusing on ano artwork?