Caribou Lodge Yo-Yo Works Kendamas

Yours for only 145$

That way we can stick it to the kendama scalpers.

right, ive supported clyw since i started. This just saddens me, it looks like chris just wants to focus on the money thing, not passionā€¦

Kendamas? Sounds like theyā€™re just going with whatā€™s popular, but they are a company, so I donā€™t blame them for trying to make money by making something that will roll in the cash. Caribou Lodge Spintop Works? Now that would be something I would spend money on!

Oh yes.

I look at this on the positive side. Itā€™s a great way to bring kendamas to the attention of yo-yoers. Great for a collection too.

Also, they canā€™t be worth more than like 20-25 bucks anyway, itā€™s not the same as buying a 7075 Chief or anything like that.

But is it the same as buying a Sunrise Kendama?

Id you guys havenā€™t noticed Chris seems to really be into Kendamas just look at some of his colorways.

They need to make THAT happen, if anything. If CLYW makes their ā€œreturn topsā€, I would put regular tops in priorities before kendamas.
Plus, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing those cool colorways on a spin top. XD

:smiley:

2 Likes

Exactly. I feel a lot of people are posting negative comments here without reading the little article on yoyonews.com

If Chris and the rest of the team were really into spintops, then maybe they would make a CLYW spintop. -____-

1 Like

Jerrod and SaltySalvador for the win. Come on guys, READ the article before throwing out criticisms. Itā€™s awesome that the company is willing to have fun and put out a little side project.

Itā€™s not for me (if I get a kendama at all, Iā€™m going to get one with a tacky finish!) but I donā€™t see anything wrong with this.

Iā€™m getting one hopefully,I think itā€™s a good idea to expand their horizon other than return tops and apparel,and CLYW spintops would most likely be a hit too if that were to happen. See,look at the positives hereā€¦Caribou Loves Your Words (or wallets)

I read the article on yoyoskills, and then posted. It is so ridiculous to see CLYWā€™s pickaxes, and immediately decide that you need that Kendama because of it. No amount of CLYWā€™s interest in Kendamas will make that little logo an amazing piece of craftsmanship.
However, if they make a NEW coating, thatā€™s a different story. Innovation should receive appropriate profits. Replacing Kendama USAā€™s (or whoever is producing their Kendamas) logo with theirā€™s does not qualify as innovation in my book.

No, but itā€™s still a good collection piece and another way to support CLYW.

If any of you havenā€™t seen the CLYW members in person, then you wonā€™t know that those guys LOVE kendama. They get in little trick circles and go for hours sharing and doing tricks. Chris did this as a fun project for those of the team, and for fun as the yoyo community are loving kendama right now. Its not a money making scheme, or a fake attempt at being innovational. Its a fun side project, which it seems some are failing to understand.

Haru

I have a small collection of 5 kendamas so far. I really only play with one or 2 of them.
The only reason I want that CLYW kendama is to sit on my windowsill and look pretty.

I would definitely order one of these, but Iā€™m assuming shipping is gonna be ridonculous. I recently ordered my first kendama from steeze kendamas, man these things are a blast! I kind of wish I had known yye was going to release some, then I would have probably bought one from them.

Lots of interesting comments from people who seem to be really ticked off that Chris would make a small batch of kendamas for fun to mostly give away to his team. I can see how that would irritate peopleā€¦someone doing something cool for his friends.

But seriouslyā€¦

Couldnā€™t have paid that much attention, because the article was on YoYoNews.

3 Likes

Yes, please, yoyoNEWS!

IMO a better site than yoyoskills. It is just a bit more organized.

I mean if you get your video featured on YYS than you get an instant 1000 views and the same canā€™t be said for YYN, but I just like YYN much more.

thought he was sellin em, my bad Mr. Steve Brown. Lol