Cannot sell, feels like a void ...

Speaking from experience? Or just standard go to advice?

I still havenā€™t sold my Vendetta. Anyone interested?

Thatā€™s not what this thread is forā€¦ Please stay on topic same with you link.

I seldom find yoyoā€™s that are true ā€œkeepersā€ weather it is the colorway or the design or just the play. There is always something about them that to me keeps me from keeping them. I do however have a select few that are going nowhere. Most of that is for reasons other than what I listed above. My 1st One Drop (Green Haze Y Factor) will be with me as long as I can throw. And there are a few others that I can see staying in the case for a very long timeā€¦ Part of my problem is that I like to keep my collection small. SO a lot of the time when new yoyoā€™s come out that I want I have to sell something else to buy that one.

2 Likes

I like your train of thought and appreciate that youā€™ve refined your wants and desires from the yoyo world to a t and know exactly what you want and need out of a yoyo. I donā€™t know fully these things so I keep hunting as there are so many different little niche yoyos in our community that I want to try. Since weā€™ve started talking and youve share the evolution ofnyourncollection and the refinement over the course of those photos. I also like the youā€™ve set a limit and stick to it, I donā€™t know enough to do that, but I hope to be there someday as I try more and more styles of yoyos and am able to pinpoint with accuracy what I want and need from my yoyo.

That is exactly it man!! With time you really can figure out what you know you will like based on specs and pics alone!! But then there are times that some yoyoā€™s come out of nowhere and knock your socks off!! It is all in the fun of the hobby though!! There is always something new and exciting coming out!!

1 Like

Heheh, my problem is that my taste is ā€œa whole bunch of varietyā€. Love being able to grab something classic, small and light like the Smooth Move and then flip over to something more modern and dense like the Pro. Thatā€™s really what keeps me buying so many throws (and getting rid of so few). I think we share the desire for a small collection; Iā€™m just not skilful or ruthless at executing. :wink:

1 Like

I actually have an almost opposite perspective.

I think it can be incredibly unhealthy to be too attached to anything.

Before I was sponsored I tried to make it a point to not keep yoyos for more than a year so I didnā€™t get too sentimental w/ them.

Now that Iā€™m on the CLYW team, I do feel itā€™s important as a representative to have 1 of each model available for others to try out when Iā€™m at a contest/meet/etc so people can see what models they may likeā€¦ but Iā€™ve even tried to make it a point to let go of some of my favorites like the turtlechute and the balls peak so I donā€™t get too attached.

Who knows, maybe in 20 years when Iā€™m no good anymore and Iā€™m not sponsored Iā€™ll sell 'em off, but for now I feel like it would be inconsiderate to Chris considering all the stuff heā€™s done for me.

The only one I probably wouldnā€™t ever sell regardless of team affiliations etc is my wedding edition peak - but even then, that has more to do with its significance to my wife than to me personally, and I feel like itā€™d be in bad taste to ever get rid of it anyway.

Other than that, sell yer yoyos kids. Theyā€™re just toys. - But take my opinion w/ a grain of saltā€¦ Iā€™m well on my way to being a curmudgeonly old man at the ripe age of 27ā€¦ - also, I might just be attached to an idea of non-attachmentā€¦ haha.

3 Likes

Quote from YoyoDoc:

ā€œWhen I do trade, I donā€™t make ā€˜fast dealsā€™. I like to make sure that the person is getting a yoyo they really want. I find it more important that the other person is going to be ā€˜fineā€™ with the trade. < Because I donā€™t want them to fall into ā€˜Regret Modeā€™.ā€

I completely agree with this. I actually felt the other person was getting a lower end of a deal recently, so I added an extra yoyo to go with the other yoyos I was trading to him/her.

1 Like

What about throws you have multiples of? I believe I saw an unboxing vid of you getting a couple Tokens? Granted Tokens arenā€™t worth much, but itā€™d be a start!

Lol thanks for the POV I always find your posts interesting, lol and yes donā€™t get rid of that wedding edition! You wonā€™t like the couch or the dog house :stuck_out_tongue: hehehe.

I still donā€™t see myself selling or trading anything right now or for the foreseeable future.

Sorta like selling off pets even if they arenā€™t your absolute favorite they still are apart of the family.

Yeah I feel that any that I have would just make me feel sad if I didnā€™t have these are fairly important as itā€™s the activity in my life and keeps me moving and itā€™s an important time in my life to have a good variety as well as Iā€™m just sorta of attached :slight_smile: and not to mention I got it from one of my favorite yoyo players (even if I didnā€™t Iā€™d still have a hard time selling any way) I just love each of these yoyo it seems more then I thought.

listen guy, you canā€™t have my yoyos!

2 Likes

Exactly I just like to hang on to my collection and don want the regrets and then not be able to find a suitable replacement.

I definitely feel like I could give yoyos away and be ok ( I guess Iā€™ll have to try it) and how cool a few have gotten awesome yoyos from their wives on here thatā€™s awesome!

Mine sharing what you have that might travel to the wooden box with you?

Great story Doc! I love yours posts btw. It is always something heart felt and moving :).

Wow now I have a yoyo on my list Iā€™ll never likely come across a small glow in the dark yoyo just sounds amazing, sadly the playmaxx stuff is semi hard to come by Iā€™ve been looking for a cold fusion and/or a bumblebee gt for some time and the ones Iā€™ve seen in my price range were beat up and missing the little pin (I could careless about the other stuff the tin would be cool but the pin is more important to me.) but I know that I will find one :).

Iā€™ve all but given up on trying to figure out what to keep and whatā€™s not important enough to keep. My wife told me once and only once that I needed to sell a few and we quickly came to the agreement I could keep them all lol ( I wonā€™t divulge my methods lol), itā€™s just too hard to figure out what one I wonā€™t feel bad about.

Also awesome about your pay it forward method, I love how it was done to you and now itā€™s become part of how you roll! Again thanks for sharing and slowing us to get to know a little more about the Doc! You are a great dude and I always appreciate your posts!

The only ones I own multiples of are ones that I love and could choose between colorways and really enjoyed each for different reasons (I think TotalArtist has a love for multiple colorways secretly since she has a super 30 day twin photo shot going, I love that you are sharing too TotalArtist!).

So hose doubles are special as well.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not alone in my obsessive hoarding of yoyos but I really wish I had the willpower that some of you do to just let some of the yoyos go. Maybe this thread will give me the strength I need

1 Like