Canada Post Processing Error. Item re-routed. Possible delay.

Does anybody know what this means. This is my first time buying from Canada. The item that’s being shipped to me hasn’t even left Canada and I’m already getting this message. Can someone enlighten me. I tried to figure out how to get in touch with Canada Post support, but it seems like they are trying to make it hard to find help. I couldn’t find anything that lets me contact someone.

I suggest contacting the person you bought it from

dude, only thing i’ve ordered out of Canada was a horror DVD and the thing honestly took like 5 weeks to get through customs and such. China gets me things twice as fast as our hockey loving neighbors to the north.

I got it from the CLYW website. I thought about doing that, but then I realized that Chris probably couldn’t do anything about it, but if it’s being re-routed back to him then maybe I should let him know.

Seems to me it’s exactly what it says. They screwed up and the item is in another part of the country. They discovered the error and it’s on the way to you. “Possible delay” = definitely a delay. :wink:

I’ve exchanged things through Canada Post before. I hate our postal system. But typical turnaround of a small parcel is 2 weeks.