CAN U PUT O-RINGS IN A METAL DRIFTER??

id like to know what would be a good set up for it cause im new to yoyoing an dont know much about it at all lol

No, you cannot. The response groove/recess is meant for Duncan Friction/Silicone Stickers

oh ok thank you an do u know what comes stock in them man? an can i put silicone in it or no lol?

The Duncan Friction Sticker comes stock

I throw a drifter occasionally. I highly recommend that you invest in Duncan silicon pads and a bottle of yoyojam thin lube. The drifter is very responsive out of the package and will snag fast. If you haven’t gotten used to binds yet its a great learning throw cause its stable with a wide catch zone and will snappily return with a flick o’ the wrist. When you are ready to, thin lube or clean the bearing and it becomes less responsive. Then when you’re comfy remove both friction stickers and replace ONE with a Duncan silicon pad and leave the other half empty. It still will snag on you occasionally but its a really nice throw especially for a Duncan cheapo. One of my favorites out of my collection and my always pocket throw. Oh yeah- don’t ever be embarrassed by not knowing something… we all started there and we all are very happy to help out the newbies. The yo-yo community is a friendly bunch. Welcome to the fold!

thank you man that was nice…what them other 2 things that the bearing is between???

The spacers, if they ever break you can buy new ones here: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/71/Duncan-Bearing-and-Parts-Kit

ok how many can u put in it at a time?

Just 2, you can’t stack them

It’s physically impossible to stack a metal drifter unless you give to some crazy modder

he is talking about stacking spacers ::slight_smile:

And, a drifter can be stacked fairly easily if you have a lathe and some experience.

The Drifter could be stacked easily with the ole stack kits without any use of a lathe.

ok thank yalll…an could i remove both friction sticks to make it unresponsive so i dont have to buy anything or will i have to buy somethin to make it unresponsive??

You would need to clean the bearing, but don’t take out the friction stickers. If you do, it will just become TOO unresponsive, you won’t even be able to bind it

if you are looking to make it unresponsive put a set of the larg FHZ spacers in it, one Duncan Sili pad and clean the bearing and you will be good to go. I play mine that way and LOVE it.