Can someone point me to a good guide on strings?

Something that will educate a newbie on the difference that weight, thickness and material can have, and what type of string works best with responsive and unresponsive.

4 Likes

polyester work best, Sochi is the best brand for bulk (it is currantly out off stock on YoYoExpert)
so I recommend kitty fat. once you get more serous about your strings you can try out boutique strings (the difference between bulk and boutique strings is that bulk is make in a factory and made by machines and boutique is made by yoyoers) I personally am starting a brand called 2ndary strings formally known as mongoose strings, I don’t have any products out now but I would love to send you a 10 pack if you would want me to free of charge

Thanks for the info. I’m still a newbie just about to start the transition from responsive to unresponsive. But I am a retired newbie with a lot of time on my hands. :smile: Although I majored in computer science I am an engineer at heart and the intricacies of yoyo design has peeked my love of the hobby, and caused me to build quite a collection. (Yep. That is what I will blame my buying spree on.)

I will watch for your strings and would love to try them sometime.

1 Like

Just read through the offerings here at YYE, there are a lot of good strings. YYE bulk poly is a good start.

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/yo-yo-string

1 Like

Thin string is not good for 1A, Kitty Fat and Sochi fat are the main go to strings rn, Zipline is the best high-quality boutique string

1 Like

On my last order from YYE I wanted to order some of the more suggested brands and they were out of stock. Been ordering sample packs when possible. Got some Kitty String. Went for regular. Did not know that fat might be better for responsive.

2 Likes

the fat is really good for responsive and unresponsive

Get some Airetics! You won’t regret it!

4 Likes