String for Beginner Responsive YoYo?

So I’m planning on ordering a few Spinstars as “sacrificial” throws to introduce new people to the game, most if which tend to be children around the age of eight to twelve.

Can anyone recommend a good string to set them up with? Ideally it should be durable, work reliably with the starburst response and, if possible, behave forgivingly when over-tensioned.

All my recent experience has been with unresponsive play so I’m out of touch with basic beginner performance.

Thanks!
Ivan

1 Like

I use normal thickness poly for my responsive throws. Most of my experience is with Sochi and Kitty. Sochi seems to last a bit longer, but Kitty has better consistency with their QC.

2 Likes

My personal favorite is “Snakebite polyester strings.”

They have nice color combos, they tend to last a long time, and they are soft on the hands for new players.

I think cost might be a few cents more than Kitty, but I personally think they are worth it.

3 Likes

Dont over think it, YYE bulk poly or Slick 6 50/50 will work and its budget friendly

4 Likes

Just get yye poly strings. They’re not bad and they’re cheap

4 Likes

Kitty normal will work well.

1 Like

Thank you all, it seems the general consensus is that polyester is the material of choice, normal thickness is just fine and not to go overboard on price.

I’ve just tragically blown my yoyo cash on a couple throws from the BST, but when I get to ordering the Spinstars (or preferably Whips if they’re in stock by then) I’ll grab some moderately-priced poly strings to set 'em up with.

Thanks again for the input everyone!

Ivan

Inexpensive Duncan replacement strings work well in beginner responsive yoyos.