Can anyone identify my 888

So if i have one with a 2010 production date then it would have been a 2011 release? I could have sworn it was stamped 2010. That said I may also be going crazy ill have to snap a pic when I get to my desk tomorrow and verify one or the other on the production date

Iā€™m away for the week and donā€™t have access to my 888s. Where is it stamped with a date? I donā€™t recall dates on mine but not certain.

Edit- there is a 2010, itā€™s the 888x. Made in China, that explains the date. The Chinese models have manufacturing info on them.

3 Likes

I used to play my 888 with the hubstacks pulled off. Quiet and light. :grin:

2 Likes

Ahhh what a shame :confused:

Iā€™ve always had a couple 888ā€™s around, usually one with stacks and the other without. Really canā€™t beat a 07 888 without stacks on it.

1 Like

Dang I really need to dig up my 888 :sob:

No. The tiny yyf does not mean it was made in china.

I love my 07 with stacks. Theyā€™re loud when you first throw it, but mine quiet down dramatically after maybe 3 seconds of a sleeper.

Here is my other 888 in question

Almost certainly thatā€™s an 888x based off the date.

Appears so, id have to throw it on a scale for weight difference, i am horrible at judging weight

Itā€™s an 888x.

1 Like

888x was 2010 and was made up until about 2014.

i still want to do a Ti 888.

13 Likes

Please. This is what dreams are made ofā€¦

2 Likes

This would be so dope. Make it like the 07 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dont tease like that!

1 Like

I think what made the 07 different was the material. iirc, they moved to the 7071 aluminum starting in 08. I remember the yoyo just felt harder in the hand. I could do a blindfolded throw and tell an 07 from an 08 with 100% certainty. While a ti 888 does give me a big ol chubby, It would most definitely have that same harder in the hand feeling. At least thats how id expect it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried 07 - 888x (took a hiatus during the rest) my 07 is my favorite by far. Something about it. I canā€™t really tell you why either. Just feels great, and looks great (got a blue and purple higby)

REAL TALK YO  

4 Likes