Can anybody help me identify a trick / bind please?

I was watching a review on YT of the phidias by pdx-yo posted by Nate Martsolf. He does some kind of cool little flip / bind that I haven’t learned / seen before for some reason (definitely not the most advanced thrower here). I was curious if anybody here knows what it’s called that he’s doing? Thanks in advance!

Specifically @ the 7:14 mark in the video

1 Like

it is a super simple bind, i dont have the linnk but brandon vu has a tut up, its pretty much a front style throw, to a frontmount, braintwister and bind

1 Like

It’s a pretty standard frontstyle bind. Hold the yoyo in a trapeze thrown front style. Make the yoyo roll all the way around between both hands, but bring your hands apart a little so you can’t touch more strings. As soon as it’s going down, release the trapeze and the yoyo will bind cleanly

2 Likes

Well, that got MY attention! I like it!!!
Found it. Last one! Edit: just a flip over bind. Looks cool because the flip makes it seem fancier. I watched the video a bunch of times and then picked up a yoyo and tried and then realized I learned it last year. It was weird watching him do it because it looked very cool and more complicated in the first video.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for the help! All of your posts have been very helpful for me :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry, I was wrong. That was not a flipover bind as I have seen taught in other videos. I’ve been watching it at .25 speed. It’s definitely cool and I must learn it NOW!

1 Like