Cake’s String Reviews

Almost certain this is trilobal poly btw

@GTDropKnot Gingie D tiered Hades and now cake D tiered trilobal lmao feelsbad, Henry has worst setup confirmed

4 Likes

9 Likes

I appreciate this review because the string is so different, fairly deliberately so, and it just doesn’t really line up with your review method.

I’d be interested in a follow up review to this if you play with it enough to really feel like it’s broken in/washed/etc. For me, they got better… but still don’t approach my favorite strings. But I do kind of like having them on the yo-yo I keep in my everyday bag because I’m pretty confident I’ll uh almost never have to change it.

2 Likes

I figured I’d make it easier for people looking to see how their stock Bathysphere string hold’s up to Cake’s high standards by linking it directly as latest

And link just in case actual link

4 Likes

hello, midweek check in, i’m building a backlog of strings to review when i’m overly busy, so i’ll let you all choose what i review next. i have a few things ready, but im working on kitty whip rn. lemme know what yall wanna see :call_me_hand:

• sochi fat
  • kitty signature: polo
  • duncan 100% poly
  • kitty whip: unfinished
0 voters

also feel free to shoot recommendations, i always like to review things i know someone will use

1 Like

My vote goes to duncan so you will appreciate life more when you realize how good you had it before you tried them

5 Likes

I voted Duncan purely because of this. I know I won’t use this string, but I agree with this sentiment. How can you know what’s good if you don’t know what’s bad?

4 Likes

trust me, i definitely know the bad :pensive:

3 Likes

Any idea if this is the same string as the C3 String that comes with the speedaholic XX? I can vouch for it if so! The kind I got is yellow and pink. I really like it. It’s like elasticy kinda? Reminds me of a sample of sochi x rain city skills string I got. I like string that has that elastic feeling. Can anyone recommend any other string like that? I haven’t used the C3 kind very long yet. The sochi x rain city skills has held up well though.

2 Likes

same, voted duncan to see the life fade from Cake’s eyes

7 Likes

I change my vote to Duncan

4 Likes

i know there’s a pink/white twist and a yellow/orange twist, maybe the pink was the orange? i’m yet to use the string, but i’ll look around and see if i have the twist and review that. i doubt there’s that big of a difference but im ready to eat my words

1 Like

Nah pink is pink. I should have given you yellow frfr

1 Like

If we don’t see the life fade from Cake’s eyes (via being forced to review Duncan string), I say we riot!

4 Likes

I also aint the most up on strings, I’ve tried a handful at best hah. I like it though.

1 Like

I am compelled and have changed my vote.

3 Likes

I agree! This should be the first filmed string review

5 Likes

fate is sealed. duncan poly review tomorrow

7 Likes

We did it team!

3 Likes

@theendofcake any chance you have p44 strings on your backlogs? would love to hear a review since im only tried few of their types when they still made in the philippines.

2 Likes