Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

it’s time!

Original Throw (Fat) || B- (81/100)
Original Throw String

Just like any other bulk poly string, there’s bound to be differences in quality control, so take this review with a grain of salt. That being said, this is good. Don’t bind at high or medium rpms or you’re going to get kicked, though. It started to feel more snaggy and weighted near the end of the hour, and to be honest, it got gross faster than I expected. i’m pretty clean, so maybe it was my natural hand moisture? Whips were GREAT, and just aged with time. Slacks stayed solid too, but played a bit too light on occasion (this is very miniscule and very vague). it was also super consistent for me :)). the thing that ruins it for me is the tension holding. it was great in the beginning, but over time it started fading and it kinda felt like like one of your favorite actors getting arrested for abuse or something. so much potential, and probably my favorite poly string if the tension holding was better. i hope it was a bad batch, because if it was, this would be amazing. i’m excited to try the non-fat version, stats below.

Durability 30 min (4) huh!
Durability 1 hr (3.5)
Personal Thickness Feel (4) too thick but i get the appeal
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4) a bit weirder idk
Slack Feel Break-In (4.5) works! good
Slack Feel 1 hr (4) solid
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3) not the best, especially near the end
Softness during break-in (4) yeah!
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4.5)
Total: 40.5 x 2 = 81, 81 = B- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

yoyofriends mystery box came in and i’m trying to take my mind off the fact i got a gold paragraph, if any of you all wanna do charity work dm me :handshake: have a good one :))

16 Likes