Cake’s String Reviews

long day today, late post

MarkMont Nylon Nylon Nylon (Fat) || D (66/100)

Honesty is always the #1 quality in reviews, and honestly, I can’t use this. The string is reallly soft and plush, but it’s so bouncy that it’s harder to do my lacerations and hooks. Whips are super inconsistent because of the stretch and speed when the string goes limp, but slacks are actually pretty good! I can’t feel much of the slack (maybe because of the plush), but the string is light and a bit lagging behind. This is paired by its speed in tension tricks, which brings a little bit of the floppiness back in due to the stretch. Durability is always amazing for nylon, and this is no exception. This’ll last you for a WHILE, if you even want to after the first 15 minutes.

I don’t know what thickness this is, but I’m assuming it’s fat. I heard that regular thickness Nylonx3 is almost unplayable because of the thinness, so be aware for that. If your collection is small and you’re a fan of the chill vibe of a 100% nylon string, this is an average one out of the many boutiques out there. Nothing too special about this, sorry to say. The notable features of the slower slacks and great thickness on binds is overshadowed by the Curse of Nylon and its inconsistencies, so im pretty ambivalent on this personally. If it sounds like you’re style, go for it! The quality of MarkMont is always nice to see. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (5)
Personal Thickness Feel (3.5)
Whip Feel Break-In (2) fast
Whip Feel 1 hr (3) i get it now
Slack Feel Break-In (3) fast!!
Slack Feel 1 hr (3)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (2)
Softness during break-in (4.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (2.5)
Total: 33.5 x 2 = 67, 67 = D graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

10 Likes