Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

review brought to you by @Ironical_Monocle1 , thank u :people_hugging:

Zipline/G2 Prestige || C (74/100)

What an interesting string. First off, it was bouncy, REALLY soft and REALLY thick. It was almost too soft I couldn’t feel the string texture because it was just so plushy and smooth, and binds/play was a bit snaggy. I’m saying “a bit” because I fully expected it to constantly snag from the thickness, but the slickness of the nylon blend helps alleviate that somewhat.

Whips had a great speed, not overloaded but had enough assistance to help learn advanced hooks and such. Slacks were my least favorite part besides the thickness; they were oddly fast but didn’t keep shape all too well. Of course tricks are still possible, but it felt like I was fighting against the string like i was (very badly) trying to tame a wild horse.

Throughout the time, the durability was wonderful, with a few aging frays showing up while maintaining that original bouncy feel. Everything was pretty consistent, but it was that consistently decent slack with a unique feel that I’m not sure I like. It’s a very well made string, but it fits a playstyle that I’m yet to discover. Maybe try it for responsive play? I have no idea. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (4.5)
Durability 1 hr (5)
Personal Thickness Feel (3.5)
Whip Feel Break-In (4.5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4)
Slack Feel Break-In (2)
Slack Feel 1 hr (2.5)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (4) too plush
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3.5)
Total: 37 x 2 = 74, graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

14 Likes