Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

@ashao0601 have fun!
side note, this was donated by an anonymous donor, thank u so much again!!! :heart_hands:

Takeshi String V3 || C+ (79/100)

This string feels way too good for me. Durability was amazing for white poly string, mostly holding its stretch for the whole time while fraying minimally. It feels like buffed up Kitty Whip. Slacks were perfect and held shape amazingly, and the quickness from the material, wind or whatever it was also helped with whips tremendously, and any laceration trick felt within my reach. Performance-wise, this is one of the best strings i’ve ever used with minimal contest, maybe even none.

However.

The comfort factor is terrible. Horrible. It feels like sandpaper for the whole hour and i have a hunch it’s not going away any time soon. The tension holding is gross, builds up fast, and makes tricks harder to land more often than most strings. Binds are especially bad, where the yoyo either snags and comes back to the hand with loose string or doesn’t bind at all. This was also an issue with fox tails, so i wonder if it’s because of the wind, material (i don’t know what kind of poly this is made of), or maybe the roughness of it. Overall, this is a performance MONSTER, and if you can build a resistance to how much this string wants your hands (and sanity) to die, power to you. I just don’t want to have to bear a string to use it. This isn’t for me. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (4)
Personal Thickness Feel (3) bit too dense
Whip Feel Break-In (4.5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (5)
Slack Feel Break-In (6) WHAT
Slack Feel 1 hr (5)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (2)
Softness during break-in (1.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3.5)
Total: 39.5 x 2 = 79, 79 = C+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

10 Likes