Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

@GTDropKnot @Agentflit it’s time

MarkMont Copernicus || A- (90/100)

Given my experience with trilobal poly strings like fox tails and takeshi string, I expected something pretty low for this string, However, picking up this string felt VERY good. The quality of it is immedietly evident with no need for washing it beforehand or breaking it in for hours and hours, and the tight/weird binds on both those trilobal strings was not present at all now. the website describes the string as bouncy? but i can kind of see it. It’s not overly bouncy like some nylon, but there’s a slight bit of air time added thats, in my opinion, barely noticeable.
Slacks were pretty speedy in the air, but always were open as long as you remembered to fix tension every now and then, which is very manageable! Whips were perfect, not too fast where simple tricks can’t get done and not too slow where it’s hinders harder ones. Honorary 6 :clinking_glasses:. After the 30 minutes, I decided to take it out into 84F and 55% humidity weather since it’s advertised as weather resistant, and it isn’t half bad! Your hands still feel sticky and hot, but it doesn’t stick to your hand and snag as easily as bulk poly (alphaline and ot are the ones in my mind rn). By the end, it looked slightly bad but kept every performance aspect from the beginning. My only concern is that slacks are naturally fast but don’t keep shape as well. Having a fast-moving slack with decent shape-holding is fine, good, etc. but it’s not ideal, which this string could have been.
Regardless of all of that, this string is GOOD. If you don’t mind a few eventual frays and the trilobal feeling, definetly try this out. Stats below!

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (5) nice
Personal Thickness Feel (4)
Whip Feel Break-In (6) WH
Whip Feel 1 hr (5)
Slack Feel Break-In (5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (4)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (3.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4)
Total: 45 x 2 = 90, 90 = A- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

feels good to have another A grade string again. it’s still possible!

14 Likes