Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

kabam

Kitty String Signature Series: Polo Garbkamol || B- (82/100)

Interesting string! Felt fine on my hands, like professional quality poly. I’ve been using a lot of Kitty Fat and OT Fat, and this felt a lot like OT fat but without the overkill i saw. I believe I put OT fat at 4/5 thickness, and while i believe Kitty pulled it off better, it’s still a 4/5. Modern fat string isn’t my taste (really at all), but i can appreciate good fat string like this. As I used it, whips moved fast and reliably. I can’t do high hooks (yet) but i can see this being great for them. Slacks also felt AMAZING, and I’m im love with how quick and noticeable it moves. The string is naturally on the stiffer side, so its wear seems to be less noticeable. With how it felt on my fingers, I’d describe it as good string with a worn-in feel only. None of the performance is (or was) worn out. However, the worn feel is enough for me to be thrown off it as a favorite. If OT Fat is an average string, this is one that performs arguably better (?) with the tradeoff of being stiffer over time. It’s great string regardless. If the stiff and worn feel doesn’t throw you off, please give this a shot. Pretty slept on, but it has my approval! Stats below.

Durability 30 min (4.5)
Durability 1 hr (3)
Personal Thickness Feel (4)
Whip Feel Break-In (4.5) light! good!
Whip Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (5) beautiful
Slack Feel 1 hr (4.5) tension goop
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (3)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4.5) bc
Total: 41 x 2 = 82, 82 = B- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

16 Likes