Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

:clinking_glasses:

Original Throw Normal || C+ (78/100)
Original Throw String

To preface, this is NOT like OT fat. I thought it would be a normal swap from a thicker to a less thick string, but this is basically a new string. I am very sad about it.

The actual wind of it is the loosest i’ve ever seen, and the softness of it is imitating nylon unsuccessfully. Slacks are on the light and fast side, but how thin the string doesn’t give me the consistency im used to with OT Fat and its own slacks. When the hour was up, it was way more light and floppy than I remembered beginning with. Whips are amazing, though, so that’s a plus. Slacks would be fine if it wasn’t for the pesky tension holding. I feel like it builds up fast but holds it fine, if that makes sense. It’s easy to tune back to neutral consistently, but I still feel like it builds just a bit quick. The durability is also very showing of the “bulk” side of the string, where it’s basically disintegrating in my hand. It just looks bad FAST and starts snagging on itself a bit more often, but it still has a lot of bounce. The consistency of this string is fine, nothing stuck out about how often I hit my tricks (maybe that’s the best kind of consistency though :3). Sorry for the scattered review, this string is kind of everywhere at once. That’s a good summary of this string, kind of everywhere and unfocused, but capable. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (2)
Durability 1 hr (4)
Personal Thickness Feel (5)
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (4)
Slack Feel 1 hr (2.5) kind of sad but it works
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (4.5)
Softness during break-in (4) too plush
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3.5)
Total: 39 x 2 = 78, 78 = C+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

edit: quick links and tier list have been updated :smiling_face:

18 Likes