Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

here we go

Sochi Fat || C+ (79/100)
Sōchí String

It’s very slightly fat. Maybe it used to be fatter, but compared to what i’ve used, this is about average good 1A string thickness, maybe even some slip. During and after bit after the break in, whips and slack felt super nice to land and super consistsent, i’m very happy with this. It’s fast and light, but not too fast where you can lose control. It’s a bit thick, but not heavy by any means. Over time, the string actually didn’t fray and lose elasticity all that much! Whips became a bit harder to land to a point where sloppy technique can’t get you far, and slacks lost potential due to the tension constantly building up. It wasn’t extreme by any means, but it was noticeable. The tension holding was kind of bad, but better than some other fat strings which kind of snap at you when it gets enough tension or frays. I think this is a really solid string, it gets my approval :3 stats below.

Durability 30 min (4.5) very surprised, just a few frays
Durability 1 hr (4.5)
Personal Thickness Feel (4)
Whip Feel Break-In (4)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3) no being sloppy
Slack Feel Break-In (4)
Slack Feel 1 hr (3.5) gud
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3) averagely inconvenient
Softness during break-in (4.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4.5) same thing happens = gud
Total: 39.5 x 2 = 79, 79 = C+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

14 Likes