Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

secret option ooo

Zipline EP .20/20 Keiran Cooper / Paul Harness || B (85/100)

Starting off, this string felt very textured, but not plasticy. Whips were VERY good, but i’m sure there’s a critique somewhere that someone better than me could find, so bear that in mind with this (and everything, to be fair). Slacks felt a bit dense or heavy, but it was still able to be fast if you put the technique in it. Nothing was bad by any means whatsoever, which is kind of a given with Zipline for the most part. The thickness felt like classical fat string (ex. Kitty Fat), but not modern OT Fat kind of style which makes up for slightly sloppy binds by just being so thick.

This is the long part. At about the 40 minute mark, i kind of realized that the tension holding is an issue. I would check the tension and it would have only one or two twists, but when i did tricks the tension would move down into the tiny string segments and mess up tricks like hooks, which kind of need you to either have no tension or amazing consistency. This kind of seems to happen when you pinch or put too much pressure on a string segment and slide it down the string, but it’s not a deal breaker by any means since you can always compensate with loosening the string more (or changing technique but i like blaming equipment :stuck_out_tongue: (joke)). In that sense, it DOES have good tension holding, it’s just hidden well.

The string was surprising durable and didn’t fray or lose color as fast as other white strings i’ve used, which is great coming from a boutique company like Zipline. At the hour, it still had the bounce level that the 30-minute measurement had (to my best estimate), along with some more baby frays. Whips still felt solid and reliable, and slacks were relatively the same but had some of that tension endgame starting to build. It also felt sticky, which may be just me. Wash your hands periodically with this just in case, since it started to FEEL yucky. Great poly(ish) string that ages super slow, check it out! Stats below.

Durability 30 min (4.5) lost a smidge of stretch
Durability 1 hr (5)
Personal Thickness Feel (3.5) slippy? but i deal
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (5)
Slack Feel Break-In (4.5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (4)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (3.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4)
Total: 42 x 2 = 85, 85 = B graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

I honestly feel like this was one of my fairest reviews yet, mainly because i got it all done in one day and the memory is fresh in my head. Or i’m getting better. Or both. That’s it!

12 Likes