Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

that time of the day, just thought i’d get this one out of the way :saluting_face:. also, cage free doesn’t mean they were raised in good conditions, it just means they were raised outside of bars and crowded in giant death boxes instead, which isn’t much better. just something to think about.

YoTricks Cage Free String (Green) || C (74/100)

This is my opinion, so I don’t feel bad for saying that the reason it’s a bit low is my own personal pet peeves. First off, it was pretied, which has nothing to do with ranking but probably put me in a bad mood while using it for the first few minutes. It was also really scaley and coarse, but not to a lesser degree like with Kitty, OT, and such. It felt like classic YoYoExpert string, but more tangible (which is gross). It did get better, but just barely. Besides that, it’s pretty average string. Not as bad as Watieaboo thank goodness, but not as good as some other options in my opinion. Whips were a bit hard for me (which may be a technique issue as usual), and slack felt a bit missing, but I can’t put my finger on what was missing. I’ll edit this if I find out.
Takeaways! Good cheap option if you care ever so slightly about your string use but don’t want to buy better, closer poly bulk options for some reason. This can totally be the string you grow with, but it’s just not for me. Stats below

Durability 30 min (4) not bad!
Durability 1 hr (5) pretty solid
Personal Thickness Feel (2) got a inconsistent at low rpm, just not my thing
Whip Feel Break-In (3) technique needs to be DOWN, break-in was bad
Whip Feel 1 hr (3.5) def possible, not as good as other poly string. could be a 4 on a good day
Slack Feel Break-In (4) open and nice
Slack Feel 1 hr (3.5)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall(4.5)
Softness during break-in (2.5) bad at beginning, softened out but still not great. average
Overall consistency over 1 hour (5) felt amazing
Total: 37 x 2 = 74, 74 = C graded based on letter system (A: 100-91, B: 90-81, C: 80-71, D: 70-61, F: 60<)

Side note, I’ll start including the color of the string I’m using for some transparency points. Thanks for reading :heart_hands:

8 Likes