Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Crazy day on the forums so i’m plugging a review for the bit. bullies suck, transphobes suck, skull emoji, gingies hot in skinny jeans (hmu if ur reading this ;3), #eossweep, etc.

Watieoboo Stock String || F (49/100)

I did not like this, and I apologize. I thought maybe there were some redeeming qualities like the tension hold and occasionally good slack, but the points add up. It immedietly felt broken in, which also meant that it was immediately at its full potential. It was INCREDIBLY stretchy, which is weird. It almost felt like nylon, and I wish it had nylon because I would be able to bear it more. Using it for any sort of tech was kind of ok, but if any slacks or whips were in the mix it just faceplanted. Using it for hooks felt like a form of torture to me, plus I did not like the texture and I am a very texture-based creature. Super slippery too, even on my orca it slipped a bit. If you’re using this to rock the baby or walk the dog, use it. If you want to move past picture tricks, please don’t use this string. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (3.5) frayed
Durability 1 hr (1.5) BAD
Personal Thickness Feel (1.5) slippery, probably really thin
Whip Feel Break-In (1) wow
Whip Feel 1 hr (1.5) does not get better
Slack Feel Break-In (4) really good, lightness helps but a bit too light
Slack Feel 1 hr (2) floppy and sad
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (4) super surprised
Softness during break-in (2.5) feels like string, not yoyo string.
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3)
Total: 24.5 x 2 = 49, 49 = F graded based on letter system (A: 100-91, B: 90-81, C: 80-71, D: 70-61, F: 60<)

12 Likes