Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Hi, happy Thursday!! I’m going to be busy this weekend, so I’m posting this now. This is the final A&A review before I get back to other strings we know and love (and probably hate). Tons of requested string are planned up for the futurelike Slackies, HKMT, Kitty, stock strings, and tons of Zipline. That’s later, though, and this is now.

A&A Yoyo String Fades Prototype || A- (90/100)

I was told this was a prototype but ended up being the string that they kept, but I’m still calling it that for consistency. First off, this was REALLY pretty, and I felt bad cutting off a good chunk of it since I use relatively short string (around 106cm/42in bc I’m short :3). Slipped a bit on the Monarch, but it was a decently easy compensation. The #1 takeaway from this string is so important I need to put it in a separate line.

This string is incredibly fast and whippy.

Casually, you probably won’t notice. Hooks and whips into mounts are the easiest I have ever had on any string, which gave it an honorary 6/5. If you’re struggling with whips, that alone might make this worth the buy. There are a few drawbacks as always. Due to how fast the string is, slacks are every so slightly lacking in form, which I noticed in suicides and branding. While the string also stays relatively the same in terms of capability, where it lands and how it lands seems to be a bit up to chance, at least from my perspective. Since this is washable and reusable (as most 100% nylon is), I’m so happy I get to use this again and again. That 6/5 from earlier put it into A-Tier, and I’m very glad it’s among those. Below are the stats.

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (5) nylon, what else do you expect
Personal Thickness Feel (3.5) feels good but classic nylon slip, needs compensation
Whip Feel Break-In (6) i can HEAR it
Whip Feel 1 hr (5) the exact same
Slack Feel Break-In (4) tiny bit floppy for suicides
Slack Feel 1 hr (4) same
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall(5) no hit
Softness during break-in (5) beautiful feel
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3) binds inconsistent, slack inconsistent. whips i couldn’t tell
Total: 45 x 2 = 90, 90 = A- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

Thanks for reading! Back to business o7

Side Edit: Realized 90s were not A’s, so all rank requirements have been updated.

12 Likes