Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

surprise friday review for the zipline restock in 2 hours! hope this helps with your shopping!
Edit: FORGOT! @Conbon sent this one, thank you so much! just tried to rush it out in time (@_@)

Zipline CS121 || B (84/100)

photo from @ziplinestrings on instagram

This is nylon! Definitely nylon. Overall super fast, and way quicker than any poly i’ve used. Whippy like trilobal poly, but better for my weak Victorian child hands and my thickness preferences. It’s not incredibly slippy, but slippier than i initially thought from eyeballing the thickness. I’d put this on a yoyo with already pretty tight binds though, maybe snow tires (or my koi with yoyofriends pads, which fits it perfectly). Suicides are amazing, but any 3D slack trick has to deal with the incredibly fast motion of the string and how wobbly it tends to be. Traditional modern slack tricks that don’t involve the slack twirling around are more like traditional string. I can’t speak to the effectiveness of the string with high hooks and complicated whips, but I think it just moves too fast for me to get comfortable with it. If everything was tuned down in speed, this would be amazing. This isn’t to bash the string though, it’s wonderful to feel and use for casual play and lasts a lifetime, plus the tension holding is REALLY good if you manage it well and don’t let it build up to hell. It also doesn’t fray or get uncomfy with exposure to the cursed hand juices. If you’re interested in a casual, fast, soft string with i’ll always recommend nylon (and especially this string, if Zipline decides to put it into their main line). Stats below!

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (5)
Personal Thickness Feel (4)
Whip Feel Break-In (4)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4)
Slack Feel Break-In (4)
Slack Feel 1 hr (4)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (4.5)
Softness during break-in (4.5) bit too slippery
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3) for nylon? good
Total: 42 x 2 = 84, 84 = B graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

this is interesting, since i think this is better than a&a fades but it’s lower. i guess this shows the effect of progress in reviews! i hope to be as accurate as possible while always growing, hope this is a good example :3

14 Likes