Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Still at it. This one was sent by an anonymous user, thank you again :beers:

Kitty First Class Whip || C+ (78/100)

Very interesting string! Feels a tad bit rougher than most strings, but the Whip part of the name definitely shows by being way whippier than normal Kitty FC. I think the lack of fast movement in the air was an issue with the normal one, so I’m glad to see a bit of improvements with this. Given that so much effort is put into making it whippy, it kind of follows that the string is a quick little fella. In my opinion, you cannot be relaxed with this. The natural speed of the slacks and whips mean that your playstyle has to accustom to it, which some may like! Personally, i’m down for the challenge. If you’re already cranking out 3.0 hooks and meta slacks, this may be an interesting choice of string since i feel the speed of the string can make your yoyoing faster. By the hour though, the string was pretty yuckydisgusting since it’s white. It shined? but at the end it just kind of felt like normal whippy string. I tested out whips again with some extra alphaline, kitty fat, and sochi fat I had and it was just barely faster than those. The whole point of Kitty Whip is to be whippy, but it just kind of feels like they shifted Kitty FC to be more specialized in one area and sacrificed consistency on binds, tension, and softness. The faster pace of this string might be worth it to some people, and it’s a wonderful choice for it. I wouldn’t recommend it for any chill organic enjoyers or anyone without a naturally speedy playstyle, though. It’s great for what it is, but not for anything else. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (4.5)
Durability 1 hr (4)
Personal Thickness Feel (4.5) inconsistency
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (4.5) a spry young lad
Slack Feel 1 hr (4)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (4) not bad at all
Softness during break-in (2)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3)
Total: 39 x 2 = 78, 78 = C+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

10 Likes