Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Hello again! This is a request from @Benthrowsyoyo which he sent along with a Hydrogen Crash for a trade (thanks again ben :beers:). Also requested from @Spaghider :smiling_face:

C3 Pro String (Fat) || D+ (67/100)
Pro String

Touching it kind of reminded me of just generic fat string, similar to Twisted Strings Fat or Kitty Fat. It was also pretty soft, and i really thought it would just be your average fat string. Over time, I slowly started to hate it. With the last 15 minutes, it started turning into a hot rough snaggy mess, even on my yo-yos with slip. Whips aren’t forgiving, unlike some other strings that make them incredibly easier. If you have the right technique it can fly, but if you don’t have it then you’re gonna have to start developing it. Slacks were heavy but fast, didn’t keep form amazingly well but it was serviceable. Everything felt a bit awkward, and i don’t know how else to describe it. I think that overall, it’s good string, but it doesn’t hit any marks really well besides the consistency of everything. It was always the same serviceable slack, and it always had the same serviceable feel to the whips and especially binds. And it was consistently a snaggy pain in my ■■■. I have a grudge against this string, but that’s just me. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (4.5) pretty good for pink string
Durability 1 hr (2) WHOA
Personal Thickness Feel (4) slightly awkward feeling fat string
Whip Feel Break-In (3.5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3)
Slack Feel Break-In (3.5) fast and heavy, flops on occasion
Slack Feel 1 hr (3) bit more floppy but still same
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (1.5) torture
Softness during break-in (4) good!
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4.5)
Total: 33.5 x 2 = 67, 67 = D+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

Quick note, I live in a pretty humid environment and I have naturally sweaty hands, so my string probably wears out faster than most. Just something to keep in mind. First review of the new year, here’s to more :beers:

14 Likes