Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

hehehe

Back at it, another twisted string review for you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Twisted Strings Fat || C (76/100)

This was surprisingly good in the beginning, way better feeling than the normal thickness one. Thickness was GREAT, and it was perfect on my pragma. Had some fun, felt like good ol string, nothing special. Around the 40 minute mark of play is when i started noticing some snag popping up, and i have no idea what caused it. Maybe it’s the frays, maybe it’s the surface of the string worsening, maybe it’s my kinda naturally moist hands, but it got bad faster than alphaline. alphaline was more of a medium but then evened out downward slope, this was falling off of a cliff. It did have trouble sliding across itself near the gap, which i hate with all my heart. You can still get the job done with this if you’re better at yoyoing than i am, and whips and slacks feel, dare i say, fine after the hour. If you don’t mind your string looking and feeling like it went through a digestive system, this is worth it depending on price. tension holding was also great for this batch, but it can vary. Kitty Fat has some competition. Stats below!

Durability 30 min (4)
Durability 1 hr (2.5) fine playing but snaggy and frayed
Personal Thickness Feel (4) bit too thick but i bet some ppl would love this feeling
Whip Feel Break-In (4)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3.5) gotta be clean
Slack Feel Break-In (4)
Slack Feel 1 hr (3.5) hurt by snag
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall(4)
Softness during break-in (4.5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4) not bad!!
Total: 38 x 2 = 76, 76 = C graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

10 Likes