Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

hey everyone, finals is kind of ruining me, so i wasn’t able to review anything today. had to reach into my secret pile of reviews i made when i was ultra Not Busy, enjoy :beers:

Twisted Strings Normal || F+ (58/100)
IMG_6117

I feel kind of bad for this string. I never like reviewing bad things, especially if it’s not by a big company that doesn’t specialize in string. To be completely honest, I didn’t like this. I just didn’t see any personality in this. It came out good, and it played fine. Similar to some other poly strings, though, it died fast and violent. By the end of the hour, It become really gross-looking, has NO stretch (I kind of laughed at this, i’m sorry), and felt like sandpaper. Along with this, it was too thin for me, and I’m using a 4.5 gap Monarch with HMY pads, which is a bit standard for 1A. Slacks would be better if the tension didn’t get in the way. The only redeeming part was whips, which felt pretty good. Overall, the thinness and subpar quality doesn’t really make this string all that fun. Props to the branding though, probably one of my favorites i’ve seen. Stats below :broken_heart::broken_heart:

Durability 30 min (3.5) surviving
Durability 1 hr (1) it’s so dead
Personal Thickness Feel (3) too thin
Whip Feel Break-In (3.5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3.5) still solid, confusingly
Slack Feel Break-In (4) well and good, just have to deal with the tension
Slack Feel 1 hr (2) light, floppy, sad
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3) eh
Softness during break-in (2.5) yuck
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3) eh
Total: 29, 29 x 2 = 58, 58 = F graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

by this time next week, i’ll be free from finals week :handshake: can’t wait

8 Likes