Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

it’s my yye anniversary today! also, i signed up for ante so ill probably be on a grind for the next week or two, so expect a lack of reviews after this one until mid november.

This was an absolute pain to review, but I am bound to my post like a gatekeeper to their gate. Enjoy.

YoYoFactory Knot Bad String || F (54/100)
Knot Bad String

Ok, so it felt Very Light, similar to the watieaboo string in terms of the light feel, but not as loosely tied, which felt a bit better and solid. it did feel thicker though, which I did take a liking to. it still felt thin, but I could get used to it. however, it felt SO incredibly random, and that’s the part i absolutely hated. sometimes slacks felt perfect and sometimes it was me using a noodle. whips had a bit more substance, but not much. i even had to change out the string for my spare singe the tension holding on the other one wasn’t even borderline unplayable, it was JUST unplayable. the only good parts are the thickness and softness MAYBE, but that was such a pain to use. i don’t recommend buying some, but if you have some that came with your yoyo, use it while waiting on your next string pack. sorry for the negative review, stats below.

Durability 30 min (2.5) eh
Durability 1 hr (3)
Personal Thickness Feel (3.5) grew on me
Whip Feel Break-In (2) nope
Whip Feel 1 hr (3)
Slack Feel Break-In (3.5) weirdly light, could get used to it
Slack Feel 1 hr (3.5) did not get used to it
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (2) torturous
Softness during break-in (3) small effort
Overall consistency over 1 hour (1) i am using a slot machine not a string
Total: 27 x 2 = 54, 54 = F graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

let me know your experiences with this, i honestly think I got a bad batch but if you all shared this then maybe not, happy thursday :tada:

11 Likes