So I’ve been throwing a OD cafe racer for about the last month or so.
For the first week and a half to two weeks it was fantastic, smooth, unresponsive, the works.
About two weeks ago it started getting really loud, and I figured the bearing was running dry, so I put some thin lube in and it was a lot quieter. But after I did so, the yoyo started becoming a lot more responsive, and continued to become more responsive for about a week.
I broke down and deshielded and cleaned the bearing, figuring I might have put too much lube in it. NOPE, still quite responsive.
I’ve also tried different string material and even a different bearing and I still can’t figure out why it’s being responsive. I’m concerned because it’s dangerous, I feel afraid that I might break my fingers or something.