C3 Yoyodesign....but guess? I never had their designs!

Hello guys,

Here we go again with a topic about a brand I like and I never had a model, I think I am orienting my collection in performing models of brands that I always liked and always interested me, after the success with Duncan and YYR, as you advice incredibly well, I wanted to ask some help with C3.
Also about this brand I like pretty much everything, the look of the yoyos, names, graphics, very active in the scene, follow them from years but never had the chance to get a product, some are not even really expensive but I just never decided myself cause the big amount of releases they have.

One model always interested me is the Krown but I get a bit overwhelmed with the choices as I see there are so many models and even looking at the specs is not clear for me which one is the more modern or performing out of all of them.

I would like something bimetal (yes I am becoming obsessed with bimetal yoyos) and I would like one of the top gamma (I will try to look for it second hand as usual).
Also the Radius appealed me a lot, or the Vanitas, the Socius but saying that I can list probably 90% of their models and say I like them, to be honest I just like this brand a lot, I would like all of them but is not possible lmao, the colourways are always mental and the graphics too.

So guys as always your advices and your help are really appreciated!

Thanks,
Alberto

2 Likes

What next? ‘Yoyofactory… But I never had their factories’?

3 Likes

Ahahahahha is becoming a series, maybe will also help people that want to try performing model as well like me.
I have some Yoyofactory, I know the brand pretty well, I am doing with brands that I never had a throw before!

2 Likes

For bimetal I would keen to try their upcoming model the PLASMA CRASH, even tho its not yet released but the overall profile shape design sold me. But Hydrogen Crash is very close.

When it comes to C3 now, the best option is their crash series since it is the most versatile in play like Hydrogen Crash.
However in my opinion, I prefer something that is Peter Pong Si Yee signature since I owned Pwave from 2013, it is so good and Omnitron Noah is like new Bimetal design for him so I think it will also be as good or even better due to lighter and more stable in design.

1 Like

I tried a bunch of C3 in the store one day . (Like 10 of them) and ended up taking only two home.

The Galaxy Diver 7075 V2
Which is a MONSTER bimetal

And the IX (Innovation Extreme).
Which is a BIG hybrid yoyo aimed towards 4 and 5a.

Don’t regret a single penny.

4 Likes

Krown.st and Krown Ti have always really impressed me.

5 Likes

That’s what I was looking for, for a while, I see that them are a bit “dated” (I mean couple of years) and I do not know if C3 evolved those designs in new models and similar, that’s why I asked here, I also see that for the Krown there are soooo many version and I wanted to understand the differences.
I am open obviously to other models, I mean at least 99% of them seems super performing looking at their players

1 Like

I am a very big C3 collector, I think they have been doing great YoYo designs for many years, I think to some extent they have kind of been “boxed in” as a mass production company and people sometimes shy away from that. But the reality is they have been pushing YoYo designs forward for many years. I don’t see C3 brought up much but I really enjoy them.

13 Likes

This is an insane collection omg, I always loved the brand and I do not care about the mass production, every time they do a release I ends up liking the shape and the graphic.
As a designer yourself and collector as well which one would you advise for technical playing?

1 Like

It’s been mentioned once in this thread but the crash series is something you can’t go wrong with. I will be honest if you can find a cyber crash 2 it’s one of the best monos I have played. If you want bi-metal - atomic crash is my favorite (but hard to find) hydrogen crash is available it is also very good.

It’s going to really depend on narrowing down the sizes and shapes that you typically go for.

For me the new Krown.ST is meh in comparison to the old Krown.ST that was a more aggressive shape.

2 Likes

Yoyoexpert just release those:

I was so tempted also because the price is insanely good and the radius as well, at the end of the day that is why I never had a C3 because there are so many choices and I was never able to decide which one take

2 Likes

Cyber crash 2 IMO is a must buy,

Radius is also very good but keep in mind there are 3 versions - OG, radius 7068, and Radius Nexus all differ

2 Likes

Here we go again ahahahah that’s exactly what I am talking about, when there are so many version or models I get absolutely lost, for example I want to buy a camera for my videos, I am months trying to decide which one and in the meanwhile using my phone.

I think I can put in the chart a cyber crash 2 for the sake of it’s price and then a bimetal one!

3 Likes

Try cyber crash 2 and hydrogen crash - both won’t break the bank comparatively speaking

For bimetals, echoing @JEA86, I think you would like the Atomic Crash, especially if you are a fan of horizontal and speed play. They are pretty difficult to find though. Be on the look out for one on the BST, they sometimes pop up for cheap, but you gotta be fast as people will snatch it almost immediately the moment one is up for sale.

If you want a yoyo that is a performance beast but is cheaper than a bimetal and possibly better performing, then you should look into their hybrids. The Gamma Crash was THE hybrid yoyo back when it came out, and it was probably the reason why the Crash series became so popular. However, those are extremely difficult to find nowadays, so you should go with the updated version of the Gamma Crash, the Digamma Crash. It’ll be right up your alley because it’s very nimble on the string and plays pretty quickly, but still manages to be very stable. Excellent yoyo for speed and horizontal play. I have no idea why the Digamma Crash doesn’t get more attention, it is seriously underrated considering it’s legacy and how well it plays.

2 Likes

Completely didn’t think about the digamma crash but @Hanker is right it’s an absolute stunner - try this one over the hydrogen crash for price purposes

1 Like

Your c3 collection is my goals absolutely amazing!

Hydrogen Crash and Galaxy Diver 7075 v2 are the greatest options in the current lineup I think. They have another -Crash series yoyo coming out though, which is the Plasma Crash.

Honestly you can kinda put all the bimetals on a wheel, spin it, and you’re basically guaranteed to get a great yoyo

2 Likes

Everyone should own a Speedaholic XX!

For bimetals, I love my Speedaholic Max because it plays like a bimetal Speedaholic XX. Which is what it is.

Ivan

3 Likes